Powercalc - Virtual power sensors

Are you shure that they are technical the same bulb? Maybe you can enable the debug logging to get more information.

This means your light support hs color mode (hue saturation), but the LUT file in the component does not support it. So you must be using the wrong light model or you are using LCT0015, a fix for this light will be released soon.
As @CM000n also indicated you can enable debug logging for the component which might give more indications.

Yes standby_usage can be manually supplied for every calculation mode. The standby_usage in the LUT files are a relative new feature, so not all the light models have that preconfigured. We need to adapt those sometime in the future.

For now you can do:

- platform: powercalc
    entity_id: light.mylight
    standby_usage: 0.25

Have this part in my configuration.yaml:

powercalc:
    entity_name_pattern: "{} powersensor"
    scan_interval: 00:01:00 

getting this error:

Invalid config for [powercalc]: [entity_name_pattern] is an invalid option for [powercalc]. Check: powercalc->powercalc->entity_name_pattern. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 22).

What am I doing wrong (Running 0.31) ??

I donā€™t see any issue with your configuration. Did you restart HA first before adding the configuration? After updating powercalc

Update, reboot and the added the lines.

also did an uncomment, reinstall powercalc, reboot, and remove the #, still does not work.

Hmm not sure yet. I got ill by my second covid vaccination, so unfortunately Iā€™m not able to have a further look atm.
Maybe someone else has an idea.

hope you get well soon :slight_smile:

did a search in the files of the powercalc dir, and no file contains the word ā€œpatternā€ in any search form pattern

This feature was just not released yet. Just published 0.3.2

Hi there,

really an awesome integration!
But for some reason my Hue White Ambiance E14 LED Candle wonā€™t be recognized automatically.
So I looked up the supported devices and found it as model_id: ā€œLCE002ā€

My configuration looks like this:

- platform: powercalc
  entity_id: light.hue_ambiance_candle_3
  manufacturer: signify
  model: LCE002
  mode: lut

But it says:

Error setting up calculation strategy: You must supply a valid manufacturer and model to use the LUT mode

What am I missing?
Thank you

Configuration looks fine. Strange you get this error. Could you enable debug logging? This should hopefully give some more pointers.

I am working on automatically creating energy (kWh) sensors for every power sensor, so you can directly use them in the energy dashboard.
Soon I will finish this feature but have two questions I need the opinion of you guys.
Created two polls for it.

With the Log set to Debug:

2021-08-19 16:58:00 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.powercalc.sensor] Model not found in library light.hue_ambiance_candle_3: (ā€˜Model not supportedā€™, ā€˜LCE002ā€™)
2021-08-19 16:58:00 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.powercalc.sensor] Error setting up calculation strategy: You must supply a valid manufacturer and model to use the LUT mode

This light model has not been released yet, itā€™s only in the master branch.
See here for the releases Releases Ā· bramstroker/homeassistant-powercalc Ā· GitHub.
v0.3.2 is the current version. v0.3.3 will be up next. I will release it later today.

I see.
Thank you for clearing that up.
Are there any plans to implement the Hue LED Strips?
I know that could be hard since you can shorten or extend themā€¦

Again thanks for your help and for making this really nice integration.

Itā€™s up to community members to measure as I only have an extended one which is fixed under my kitchen counter, so I am unable to measure. To include it in the library obviously the non extended or shortened strip must be measured.
As itā€™s a quite popular model I think it will be a matter of time before it will be supported.
Alternatively you could configure it as linear mode (by looking up or measuring the min/max power) which will give an approximation.

1 Like

Thanks,

I just misunder stod the feature, it the friendly name you have the the new command.

I understod that it would be the sensor name
sensor.kokken_bord_1_power ā†’ sensor.kokken_bord_1_{new feature}

Love this idea.

but 1 energy sensor for every light, or one for ALL devices combined into one.

Iā€™d love to have 1 combined for all lights. I have some 50 bulbs, and in the energy dashboard, 1 line for light, would cover all my needs.

The configuration will change both the entity name and entity id. So it must also solve your wish. Did you try it?

It will create one integration sensor per power sensor, this is also needed to make the updating of the integration sensor correct.
When you also want an energy sensor adding up all your lights youā€™ll need to use a template sensor. Please see the readme how to do this. There is a new entry about the energy dashboard added to the readme also explaining how to add the group sensor.