Powercalc - Virtual power sensors

You didn’t fill in any power value. Or did you?

No device_class of powercalc power sensors is also power. Power devices have W as unit of measurement. Not Ampere.
Also energy sensors kWh integrate power (in W) not current (in A).

Not sure why you would want this anyway?

This was easy to setup as sensor, i needed virtual current sensor for my evcc setup, i know my device power and current when its on, needed to send power and current to evcc that updates frequently. as i cant get that with helper.

Hello,

I created a sensor to estimate the power usage of my UPS using the “nominal_output_power” and “load”. The calculation works great but for a strange reason, the entity ID is named sensor.magicpi_ups_energy instead of sensor.magicpi_ups_power. Did I miss something? Thanks

# MagicPi UPS Power
- platform: powercalc
  entity_id: sensor.dummy
  name: MagicPi UPS Power
  fixed:
    power: "{{ (states('sensor.magicpi_ups_nominal_output_power') | float * states('sensor.magicpi_ups_load') | float) / 100 }}"

You should have both a sensor.magicpi_ups_energy (kWh) AND sensor.magicpi_ups_power (W)

Yes, I have the two sensors…
For a strange reason, this config generates sensors in reverse:

- platform: powercalc
  entity_id: sensor.dummy
  name: MagicPi UPS
  fixed:
    power: "{{ (states('sensor.magicpi_ups_nominal_output_power') | float * states('sensor.magicpi_ups_load') | float) / 100 }}"

Why do you think so? At least I read in your screenshout, that the Source of your energy is the power sensor and the energy sensor of your power sensor is the energy sensor.

I suppose it’s a bug of Powercalc.
Can you confirm @bramski ? Thanks

Don’t ping other users here in the community.

And again, why do you think that there is a bug? Read again, what is on you screenshot and what I have written. You are mixing the entity attribute (if the connected entity) with the entity id.

1 Like

Yes, you are right.
I get confused between the name of the sensor and the source of the sensor.

Apologies for pinging the author of this integration.