PowerLinc Support

I have an old Smarthome PowerLinc model 1132B (serial interface) that runs X10 devices from a PI. I have an old Perl script that handles the X10 interface, but the extent of the user interface is command line and cron and AT to schedule things. The plan is to upgrade to a newer PowerLinc that supports Insteon and X10 and start using something like HA, but I don’t immediately see PowerLinc support. Anybody here have any insight into using these controllers with HA or anything else?

Maybe I need to ditch the PowerLinc? What do most HA people seem to be using for a controller that still offers X10 support? I’m obviously looking for a very cost effective solution.

Cheers!

At the risk of spamming, my (home grown) solution which requires some DIY is documented in Adding X10 support - basically use https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.rest/ with a home grown REST interface.

I’m not familiar with that device so I’m not sure what API’s are available for it, you may be better off shelling out to the existing Perl script you have.