Powerwall local API access denied on Powerwall firmware 20.49.0

After my Powerwall had a firmware upgrade the integration with HA busted. I deleted the integration and tried to re-add it. I am seeing the following in the logs after I enter the IP address of the PW. I have logged in successfully to the PW using a browser. I notice that when using the browser to send the same URL (/site_info) to the powerwall there are a couple of cookies sent ‘AuthCookie’ and ‘UserRecord’.

I am running 2021.1.5

Logger: homeassistant.components.powerwall.config_flow
Source: components/powerwall/config_flow.py:27
Integration: Tesla Powerwall (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:34:02 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:12:30

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/powerwall/config_flow.py", line 50, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/powerwall/config_flow.py", line 27, in validate_input
    site_info = await hass.async_add_executor_job(power_wall.get_site_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tesla_powerwall/__init__.py", line 112, in get_site_info
    return SiteInfo(self._api.get_site_info())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tesla_powerwall/api.py", line 224, in get_site_info
    return self.get("site_info")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tesla_powerwall/api.py", line 103, in get
    return self._process_response(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tesla_powerwall/api.py", line 62, in _process_response
    raise AccessDeniedError(
tesla_powerwall.error.AccessDeniedError: Access denied for resource /api/site_info: Unable to GET to resource
1 Like

Just chiming in, recent firmware update also broke the integration for me. Still running 20.49.0.

Edit: API auth changes on the Tesla side. Looks like there is some activity on this thread to get it working as a custom component, otherwise you’ll have to wait for someone to jump in and fix the official Powerwall integration: Add support for Tesla Powerwall

1 Like

Same for me!

Looks like I’m doing a “me too” on this one. Does anyone know how to officially ask the devs to fix this?

Looks like it has been fixed already :blush:
GitHub - bdraco/powerwall: Updated powerwall integration for HASS

From my computer I can log into the powerwall then after that I can access it again with http://192.168.1.6/api/system_status/soe and that gives me the percent charged.
still wasn’t working from home assistant, so created an iframe card (webpage) and got to the powerwall that way, but when I click on login, it displays the turn powerwall on and off message quickly but does not stay on that page…