Pregnancy Tracking Privately with Tempalate Sensors

Sounds like the pasted yaml is just indented incorrectly. What I usually do since I can never remember indent amounts is to create a tab on a dashboard, THEN go into the raw config to paste the yaml. That way I have something to compare it to. When you highlight that newly pasted yaml, you can use Tab and Shift+Tab to increase/decrease the indent to match the blank tab you created earlier.

Those are my thoughts. I know just enough to be dangerous, so I hope that helps!

I literally open your code in github in RAW and copy into a blank raw dashboard config and get the bellow error.

Your configuration is not valid: n: At path: views -- Expected an array value, but received: undefined

Any ideas on what could be causing. running latest home dash, could something have changed?

Hi @GaryOz, and first of all - congratulations on the baby :wink:
You might’ve already figured it out, but in case you didn’t:

lovelace_raw_config.yaml linked in #36 is not a complete dashboard, but only a single view. It is meant to be added to an existing dashboard, by pasting it after all text in raw configuration editor.
Because you replaced the entire dashboard config, you were missing the initiation of the dashboard (title and views).
Here’s what it should look like. You would paste the contents after views:

title: Example
views:
  - theme: Backend-selected
    path: default_view
    title: Example
    icon: mdi:.....
    badges: []
    cards:
      - type: .....

it doesnt seem to work with the images anymore ?
Can anyone help ?

You need to remove unit_of_measurement: ‘Trimester’. That is apparently not a valid value anymore, and there is no error (as far as I can see) in the logs. I spent way too long to find a fix for this.

Holy crap, I lost track of this and haven’t been keeping up with what other folks are doing with it! Cool to see so many folks running with it!!! We just found out we’re having another kid, so I thought I’d dust this off and set it up again :sweat_smile:

I’m very excited to try out the work by @tango259!

Did you come up with a solution?
I’m running into an issue where sensor.pregnancy just says Unknown with none of the other attributes, so I think it has to due with the Trimester unit_of_measurement.

Edit: Looking into this further, I guess newer versions of Home Assistant are more strict on unit of measurement usage. Setting a unit_of_measurement implies that the sensor should be a number, so it only accepts numeric numbers. So simply removing that line allows it to work properly.