Presence detection, BLE, mi flora, RF gateway with ESP32, OpenMQTTGateway is now compatible

Here is the feedback from another user:

I’ve got 2 devices with firmware 3.1.8, behaving as I described yesterday.

Thanks for that. I must have a different verpsion of hardware or am just unable to upgrade.

I have 5 sensors and three show that message while two report that they are for mainland china, so i am unsure what version they are on.

Home assistant is able to read them so i might take a look at seeing if i can port the code across or just rung pi zeros with ha.

what is the app you are using on your phone?

For the next evolutions of OpenMQTTGateway I would like to have your advices, here is a poll that will take 30 seconds to fill and that will give us usefull insights:

Hi. Is there an example of mi flora integration in home assistant with OpenMQTTGateway?
Thanks

I don’t have it but maybe ask here
https://gitter.im/OpenMQTTGateway/Questions_support

You can now exchange and share about OpenMQTTGateway on a dedicated forum:

dear all, could you recommend a esp32 module. I ordered one… something like devkit v1 but flashing won’t work… it hangs in …hard reset in arduino cc.

i had to push the power button wile flashing… if not arduino would say: could not connect to device.

and what’s the EN button for ?

hello,

I’m using doit esp32 from here:

Hi 1technophile

Have you got any plans to incorporate 303Mhz RF receiving / transmitting? I have a number of devices (e.g. garage door, air conditioner) that use 303Mhz RF and am looking for a way to communicate with these devices

Craig

Don’t. I have 7, they keep crashing when using BLE+ WIFI.

Are you using the latest version? Mine have being very stable after some changes made around mid november. Mine is marked as “wemos”.

I tried multiple versions of OpenMQTTGateway (8 and 9) on 7 devices. I’ve also tried this project with multiple versions.
And the ESP32s always end up crashing. Never the same, and no apparent pattern so far after a month of having them. From what I read online this is a known issue with the BL/WIFI coexistence. I’d replace with 7 Zero W In a heartbeat if they didn’t had a one per customer limit.

Another option is using a esp8266 + HM-10 module. I have one running at home with version 0.6 for months (works so well that I didnt bothered to upgrade).

Are you using default parameters of OMG or with some special scanning intervals or duration ?
I have the v0.9beta running since one month now without any intervention.

I’ve been using this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-ESP-32S-ESP-32-Development-Board-WiFi-Wireless-Bluetooth-Antenna-Module-For-Arduino-2-4GHz/32807028496.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dWVpInl with BT exclusively and have no problems. With 0.9b i added in a DHT22 sensor and it still works

Hi,

i just flashed esp32 with your OMG (v9), enable MQTT discovery on HA but nothing. I was waiting my myflora sensor to show up.

I have to write them manually?

EDIT: I noticed that my esp32 is connected to router and to mqtt broker, but if I set gateway status sensor in HA is shows unvailable status.

Here’s the error in HA:

No matching payload found for entity: OpenMQTTGateway with state_topic: home/OpenMQTTGateway/LWT

while using mqttlens is shows as follows:

Topic home/OpenMQTTGateway/LWT

Time

1:32:54

Topic

home/OpenMQTTGateway/version

QoS

Maybe is something related to this message in mqtt log:

1551011574: New client connected from 192.168.2.208 as OpenMQTTGateway (c1, k15, u’jarvis’).

1551011626: Client OpenMQTTGateway has exceeded timeout, disconnecting.

1551011626: Socket error on client OpenMQTTGateway, disconnecting.

Hello,

Could you indicate the version of hass you are using ?

0.88 HASS

mosquitto is on a different docker container (version 1.5.6)