Privilege hierarchy for users

Hello

I really need a better privilege hierarchy for users. Currently, all users, whether administrators or not, have access to everything. A wall tablet, a child’s smartphone, my computer are not supposed to access the same things. My previous home automation systems had this type of functionality which for me is essential!

Thanks.

Not that I am against better hierarchy…

My non admin users don’t get access to much…

Only info is available here for my non admins.
info

I limit what tabs they can view in lovelace.

The android app only shows app options, similar to the first screenshot.

Is there a specific area you think needs improving?

For exemple, all users have access to the search button, so to every entities, switch…

1 Like

You forgot to vote for your own feature request

1 Like

You realize they can just undo hiding tabs the same way you hid them right? Also hidden tabs still show up in the command pallette if you type ‘c’.

1 Like

I haven’t hidden any.

In that post above that is all they get. The full list is my admin account.

c and e don’t work on my user account.

Oh I guess I misunderstood what you were showing us, sorry.

Well idk where this users head is at but a lot of users dont like that everyone can get to every entity. Like this FR

There are was also a lot of requests to hide the search icon at the top of dashboards for similar reasons when that first came out. I’m failing to find an FR for that thoigh

1 Like

Yup I totally agree on the search glass. I never use it. but it should be limited to entities on the viewable pages at best, or removed.

I would suggest the same for logbook and history. Allowable under admin person, with a toggle. or just removed.

I suppose I could use a mod to remove the glass… There is a mod for that isn’t there?

Or a third class. with even less viewing access

Maybe create very limited user with only access to a specific dashboard and nothing else…

1 Like

No improvement on this ?