Problem creating scripts

not sure if this is the correct place to post this bug i think i have a bug in the OS

When i go to scripts and create a new script via GUI or YAML it just doesnt save.

No errors nothing

For example this is a script i did just as a test

alias: New Script
sequence:
  - type: turn_off
    device_id: 3a723e0dd168e2cf9877258753a951ae
    entity_id: light.browser_639ce009_a11fcc0b
    domain: light

it wont save, and if i do in gui using other entity it also wont save.

im on version Home Assistant Core 2022.5.4

What does that have to do with this blueprint?

i have no idea - new to the forum didnt know where to paste bugs as per my post.

Ok… I mean its just a forum, as with all forums conversations follow the topic at the top.

Also at the top of this particular forum there’s a button that says “Need help?” and shows you where to report bugs. It’s this section

i have no idea !

can it be moved

From what do you conclude that this is a bug and the forum is the wrong place for it? (no offense).

@tomcoleman: Had you restarted Home Assistant? Is there anything else in the logs?

Do you have

script: !include scripts.yaml

in your configuration.yaml ?

1 Like

perfect its now working

i was getting confused with thinking it had to go into the /include directory

I didn’t say that the forum was the wrong place for it, I said this thread was the wrong place for it. Notice how tinkerer split this out of there into its own thread. Since it had literally nothing to do with that blueprint.

And the user said

So I dropped a link to the place to post bugs.

I didn’t really make any commentary on the actual topic, I just didn’t want my blueprint thread side tracked. I’m glad their issue was solved though.

Oh my… I read your posts several times and didn’t get it. What on earth does he mean by that blueprint?? Until I saw that light grey reference just now. :woozy_face: Okay, the penny has dropped audibly.

1 Like