Problem install Home Assistant Supervised in a Docker on a Ubuntu 20.04

docker-compose is just one of the options.
Supervised is basically “emulating” docker-compose in its own way.

To restore from a blank system, you can just re-run the installation script, then restore a supervisor backup.

I run docker-compose as well with my supervised install but it only manages non HA containers. I use HA Addons wherever possible managed by supervisor.

Okay, to start with I don’t thing I need to Docker-compose then.
My HA system crashed and now I on my way back. But I have hade some problems with getting back up and runing.
Before I used Hassio in Docker on a Ubuntu machine. But HA don’t support Ubuntu any more as I understod. That’s way I moved to Debian instead.
For the moment I have HA supervised in Docker up and runing.
Next step as I see it will be to install Portainer and restore my old HA backup

@Burningstone I don’t realy know the different between HA OS and HA supervised
I like the HA supervised becuase of the addons
Are the addons also avalible in the HA OS?

Home Assistant OS includes the operating system, no need to install Debian/Ubuntu or anything, it’s the easiest option and yes it includes add-ons.

Here’s an overview of the different install methods. Installation - Home Assistant Supervised is actually more for experienced/advanced users.

@Burningstone I didn’t know about HA OS maybe it would be a good way to go.
But now I already have HA supervised in Docker installed. I think I will continue with it!

If it is working then don’t fix it :slight_smile:

@DavidFW1960 I have now come to the conclusion that I need the docker-compose file to mapp my Zwave stick to static connection, /dev/serial/by-id.
But I don’t know how to set it up, ie how should I do?
@DavidFW1960 could you please help me ?
Today I have a Docker installation with HA Supervised.

I don’t have a zwave stick but wouldn’t you map that in the actual zwave addon in HA? Mapping it in a separate docker would make it unavailable to any others (most likely) including HA (unless it’s a separate and indirect zwave2mqtt kind of thing not available as an addon).