Problem with flashing ESP32-CAM-MB using esphome-flasher(alternatives needed)

Yes that worked for me but now there is a new module MB which has only one button (RESET). And I can’t get it into flashing mode now. Does anyone got the new version in flashing mode? Any clues?

Try shorting gpio0 to gnd.

Will do. Make sense. Thanks!

Yep it worked. A bit troublesome connecting io0 with gnd, pushing a microbutton and connecting the usb cable all at the same time :laughing: but it did work!

yes you need more than 2 hands :slight_smile:

Yes the old module worked easier. I keep one at hand for uploads. Once it’s done you can upload/update via Wi-Fi

Poor choice of words. “This” computer means the one that Home Assistant is running on. In my case my Home Assistant computer is in the basement and I do everything on my PC using SSH.

Out of dozens, perhaps more than a hundred times that I have flashed an ESP, only once did I have UART failure. “No serial data received” almost always means that I selected the wrong com port. ESPhomeFlasher has been quite reliable here.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch. Was having exact same issue after finally getting an esp32-cam-mb for my pile of esp32-cams. Had already flashed several in arduino-ide, no problems then I was about ready to pull my hair out w esp-home. Hold the button before plugging it in. Easy peasy!

1 Like

I come across the problem it states ESP32cam but their is also ESP32cam mb, ESP32cam ai.i think all different boards but similar names, I’ve have one that was pre program with ip 192.168.4.1 to see the camera but that’s it, also believe the missing parts on board might be rx TX so I’m not able to communicate with the board or from pins terminal. Good one all white cam port, bad one with black mark

Right hand side of board is missing two components

Also thanks. This solved it for me.

Get the ESP CAM MB which comes with an onboard serial converter. Dock the CAM onto the MB. Flash. Profit.