Problem with ONVIF Sricam Camera

Hello all,

I am having a terrible time trying to set up an onvif Sricam camera. The model name is Sricam SP013.

I was able to make it work on iSpy and Onvifer with rtsp://:888888@IP:554/onvif1. Service port is 5000. It does not have any username or anything.

My set up is:

camera:

• platform: onvif
    name: Balcony Camera
    host: 192.168.2.185
    password: 888888

I’ve tried so many things but nothing works. Any ideas?

I have onvif cameras, but found it easier to access the http stream rather than trying to use rtsp.

camera:
  - platform: mjpeg
    mjpeg_url: http://192.168.1.100:8000/++video?cameraNum=0&width=640&height=360&8325
    username: !secret camera_username 
    password: !secret camera_password
    name: Road Camera
    authentication: basic

@boxgrove hello friend. i have onvif too but , i see you have 8000 port. how i can know what port my cam uses?

I have an Sricam SP009C and could only get it working with the following:

- platform: ffmpeg
    name: My Camera
    input: rtsp://192.168.0.150:554/onvif1

Change the input path to point at your camera, which you can test with something like VLC Player first.

If your camera is similar then there is no JPEG mjpeg functionality. They are cheap cameras to be fair and the firmware isn’t the best.

You’ll also need to enable ffmpeg before the above will work:

2 Likes

@Sitrate if i use hass.io is not possible to use onvif cameras right?

I’m not sure tbh as I don’t use hass.io.

According to the FFmpeg page above it does state “If you are using Hass.io then just move forward to the configuration as all requirements are already fulfilled.”. This suggests to me that FFmpeg does work with hass.io, so I can’t see why my solution above wouldn’t work.

If I get chance I’ll setup a hass.io VM and test.

That’s what I did and it worked. Thank you!

Hi, i have an SP012 and it is working in HA using your configuration, but is only available an image every 10s and not the stream.
Even image resolution (if i take a snapshot using related service) is only 640x360, but camera has 1280x720 resolution (also images taken using Sricam app are 1280x720).
Did you manage this issues?

Gracias. Muchas gracias.

Some models have rtsp support with the following code:
rtsp://192.168.xxx.xxx:8554/profile0
(or profile1, profile2) depending on the video quality of your preference.

My SriHome SH035 supports the onvif integration in home assistant in addition to the rtsp feeds above.

Algunos modelos de SriHome camera suporta el rtsp con el siguiente codigo:
rtsp://192.168.xxx.xxx:8554/profile0
(plus: profile1 / profile2 con qualidad inferior de HD)

Por ejemplo mi SriHome SH035 suporta el rtsp y ademas el home assistant ONVIF integration.

1 Like