Problem with Reed Sensor on Water Meter

Thanks man, i will have a look later that day for it. By the way, whats Wrong with my Username Mr. MusicMan? :wink:

:eyes: It implies you understand German is all I said?

I have the same water meter. Can this fitting reed sensor be bought somewhere in the EU for less then an arm and a leg? I can only find really expensive deals.

I have the same setup as yours. Did you ever have ghost readings? I get a counting in home assistant even if there isnā€™t any water flowing.

Also my readings are way too high.

I did pay a bit less, but still expensiveā€¦

No, I am usually off by 1-2% - but itā€™s good enough for me.

Try to look out for the position of the magnet - maybe you get duplicate readings if it stops exactly at the ā€œedgeā€ of the sensor. Also, if you have a bad connection it could flicker. Really depends on the kind of readings you a seeingā€¦

Now I tried to unplug the reed sensor completely. The esp is still counting even without the reed. It seems the problem isnā€™t the reed sensor.
Any idea?

Broken pin or missing pull-up / down?

I think this board has a pull-up integratedā€¦

https://www.amazon.de/AZDelivery-KY-025-Magnetschalter-Sensor-gratis/dp/B07ZJ62W44/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_de_DE=ƅMĆ…Å½Ć•Ć‘&crid=296EM04NFMAFI&keywords=reed+sensor&qid=1662148519&sprefix=reed+sensor%2Caps%2C286&sr=8-6

The config was not properly for my setup. this seems to work for now. Specially ā€œinternal_filter_mode: PULSEā€ seems to do the trick.

sensor:
  - platform: pulse_meter
    pin: 
      number: D1
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
      inverted: true
    unit_of_measurement: 'l/min'
    name: 'Wasser Durchfluss Haus'
    internal_filter: 5000ms
    internal_filter_mode: PULSE
    filters:
      - multiply: 10