Problem with Update 2020.12.7

I’m running HA on a rpi3. Decided to update supervisor to 2020.12.7. It tells me now that it is running in an unhealthy state. If I try updating manually with the update button I get the following in the log file. Looks like something going on with the server. Any thoughts?

20-12-22 01:52:45 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:2020.12.7 -> 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/create?tag=2020.12.7&fromImage=homeassistant%2Farmv7-hassio-supervisor: Internal Server Error ("Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)").
20-12-22 01:52:45 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.supervisor] Update of Supervisor failed!
20-12-22 01:52:45 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Can't update Supervisor! This will break some Add-ons or affect future version of Home Assistant!

2020.12.7 doesn’t exist, the most recent version is 2020.12.1. How are you updating?

Are you running HassOS or Supervised on top of a linux install?

@paulstronaut
Supervisor has version 2020.12.7 -> here
Home Assistant Core doesn’t have this version.

@Burningstone HassOS

Hi Everyone,

I am also having issues with this update. I did the update a few minutes ago, and my system didn’t come online again until I unplugged my raspberry pi and plugged it in again.

I also lost the cloud configuration in settings. Nevertheless I’m on the paid Nabu Casa subscription.

Anyone knows if I can downgrade again?

I guess you are a little more fortunate than me. I unplugged mine and now it won’t boot back up.

Maybe give it another try?

I just did a reboot now and all my integrations and cloud seems to be back.

Maybe a glitch on the platform…

I have tried it about 4 times now. Might be time for a new card. Once I get everything up and running I usually don’t upgrade anything. It seems to always lead to problems. I just had a weak moment I guess. :disappointed_relieved:

I once had an issue where the IP address of my Raspberry had changed after an update/unplug. Did you try by looking up the IP in your router and the navigating to ha by using IP:8123 ?

Interesting… It is showing up at the correct address. I just can’t access it.

Looks like a DNS issue. Take a look here:

Also if you are running pi-hole or something similar, try to disable it.

I have had issues with this since middle of November. I am running this on a VM and it used to be fine but not anymore what I discovered is after an OS reboot when running in Docker it does not start up the containers again by itself. It has been frustrating because it seems like I can no longer use it like I want or update. The other thing I notice is after an OS reboot all of my official add-ons no longer work and can not be found and require an uninstall and reinstall.

I decided to do a fresh install, because it wouldn’t boot up. I downloaded hassos_rpi3-5.9.img.xz and started over. Now when it gets to the Preparing Home Assistant page it is stuck on an endless loop. I couldn’t seem to copy it. Here is a screen shot.

I highlighted the repeating part. Looks like it is something to do with the DNS. Not sure how to fix it. Thinking of going back to an earlier version.