Problems getting Heart Rate from Samsung 5 watch after upgrade to Wear OS 4

I too am looking into increasing its polling of data, my wife has a heart condition that id like to get more frequent updates – any idea what sensor on the pixel watch will produce more updates than others?

The interactive sensor if you check the screen a lot? Other than that you can use the notification command to trigger an update.

1 Like

I’m trying your suggestion that you mentioned earlier to the template timer – can you help me understand the syntax?

{{now().minute % 30 == 2 }}

Time in minutes modulo (reminder of division) by 30, so it’s every 30 minutes.
I chose == 2 instead of 0 just in case many other things happen when last minute digit is 0.

1 Like

Thats smart.

Ok so this will be more frequent then. (every 5 mins)

{{now().minute % 5 == 2 }}

this is exactly what i was looking for! thank you!

I don’t get multiple points. Some days I receive few some days I receive only one (like yesterday). I don’t see the pattern.

Sending command to update sensors every 30 minutes, and it seems to me that not all sensors get updated even when it sends metrics back to HA. I noticed that I did get newer metrics on some other sensors than for heart rate.

I did notice that I am having some difficulties to get app on the watch working when I am at home and connected to my home Wifi. When I disable Wifi on the phone, HA app on watch starts working immediately. I do have valid SSL certificate and expose my HA to internet. Don’t know if this is related to sensors update.

So it’s not really working for us Samsungers. Thank you for letting me know.

I found a workaround that has its own problem, but does serve this purpose.
I use MacroDroid (on phone and companion on watch) to start the watch app every 20 minutes. When the app starts, I get a reading.
Just sending an “update sensors” notification to the watch does not get it into the watch app.
While what I found earlier in Wear OS 4 allows HA access to the sensors all the time, it’s useless if HA itself is put to sleep by the watch.
Drawbacks:

• needs MacroDroid (or similar), which I had, so not too big a problem
  • Multiple instances of HA somehow make it on the watch UI, which is a problem when I get an alarm and I can’t get to it as I have to swipe the HAs away.