Project help - Standing Desk to Smart Desk

There are two kinds of these splitters and unfortunately, they look identical and they are often not described correctly. I was looking for this kind that lets you run 2 100Mb connections over a single wire, but once I instead received the kind that duplicates all wires on both sides. So they do exist if you can find them.

1 Like

Any luck in connecting this desk to Home Assistant? I have the same desk controller and would love to integrate it in Home Assistant

1 Like

Any updates here ? I have the same desk controller!

Hey everyone, thanks for your interest! Unfortunately, I couldnā€˜t figure out the wiring of the desk and I donā€˜t have the time to investigate any further.

Youā€˜re best bet is to probably join the ESPHome Discord and ask around for help. Thereā€˜s a lot of smart people there that could potentially help you out.

Best of luck!

& let me know, if you were able to figure it out. :slight_smile:

I was able to capture UART data with ESPHome, but donā€™t know how to decode/use it. Maybe @ssieb can help if I share the captured UART data ?

Thanks!!

Possibly. Create a thread on the esphome Discord off-topic channel.

It seems like I also do have the same Controller. Could some provide a pin diagram so I can also connect it up to a ESP8266?

Have you gotten anywhere with this?

A key reason why you didnā€™t get much luck with the RJ45 splitter is because this deskā€™s controller actually uses RJ50 - note how thereā€™s 10 pins in the RJ connector (and 10 labeled pins on the board too!).

For some reason your motor controller also seems to have a B and a D UART channel (B-TX, B-RX, and D-RX and D-TX). Key 1 and Key 2 most likely connect to direct keys on the control panel (e.g. Memory button).

Iā€™m in a similar conundrum, my desk uses a JSM-2.1-0.3W motor controller, which also employs an RJ50 jack instead of RJ45. Iā€™ve only pulled the hand controller apart as of now, but it only shows a handful of pins (with the weirdest colour assignments, black and white are RX/TX, blue is ground, green is 5V, and thereā€™s also a U_G and a DC pin, latter I think has the full 24/36V rail exposed from the motor controller, but Iā€™ll have to take that apart to confirm it).