Proposal: sonoff integration without modifying the firmware

Absolutely fine, just put a wedge of some sort in to keep them still, I used a bit off rolled up paper and others have used blutack, the connection runs from front to back though the holes so they make plenty of contact.

tks very much will try and if I come up with any problem I[ll come here again

I don’t solder for flashing. I just put the male jumper end through the holes and hold them with one hand while holding down the button with the same hand and then plugging the usb/serial adapter into the PC. Then you can let go of the button but I keep holding the jumpers during the flash. Works like a charm.

1 Like

If someone could maintain this, there will be no need for flashing at all

PHP based implementation of Sonoff cloud server, running in your own home network. You can control your Sonoff switches without need of changing basic firmware.

for now, only “Sonoff Basic” will work fine

First, you need to configure your device via eWeLink software (there is also an alternative way, i’ll explain it later).

6 open issues, one outstanding sine December last year. No issues closed.

Doesn’t look promising. Just flash your device and be done with it!

I will lose the functionality of the ewelink app which is great; I will need to dismount all my (installed) POW (1 hour work each); and its not clear that after flashing if the power/energy measurement is correct or not

If you think ewelink is great, I don’t think there is any help for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

way better than HASS as a user interface (unless you put countless hours programming on it), yes absolutely

So use eWeLink if it’s so great…

I use it, but is not integrated in HASS.

YOu may have not noticed the name of this thread, which I repeat:
Proposal: sonoff integration without modyfying the firmware

What specifically are you after?

ON/OFF automation based on condition that I have on HASS (temperature value and other)

The whole point of HA is to bring everything together with the benefit of ditching all the extra apps so if you still want to use eWelink you’ve already got what you really want.

A Sonoff only comes into it’s own when flashed and you can tell that’s what the majority believe from the major advances we’re seeing being made at the moment for all ESP based devices.

Is same as with my philips Hue, all lights are integrated in HASS, with great automation

but I still use the original HUE app (plus some other app from the play store) because they (for some functions) work way better then HASS (unless, again, countless hours of programming to make it look/function like the original app).

Hence I prefer integration, without losing the original app also for ewelink product

check this one, more recently and actively maintained

1 Like

After 10 or 12 Sonoff devices and never even seeing the ewelink software I decided to check it out with a S31 I didn’t flash yet. App was such a pain to get going, emails going to spam, etc then the device wouldn’t even pair. I finally gave up and flashed it and a few minutes later I was configured and ready to go. Ewelink is horrible and local control with firmware such as Tasmota is awesome. All the features they packed into that software and still runs great is quite amazing.

1 Like

It’s also had some serious outages recently.

hello guys and working on hassio addon based on simple-sonoff-server for hassio with support for 1,2,3 buttons curently tested with Sonoff T1, Sonoff Dual and Sonoff T1 UK

1 Like

this is the repo of the addon

Work in progress: