PS4 component?

Is there a component for Hass.io that will turn on/wake my ps4 and get it to open an app?

Have a look at this thread:

it will only wake the ps4? no control to get it to open an app or something? That would be awesome.

You can turn it on or off aswell as start games / apps.
In this thread people are discussing on how to get it working on hass.io
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/repository-few-addons/

(i don’t have hass.io so cant help you with that.)

awesome thanks! ill give it a try.

so i got the add on installed, but im not sure how to configure it as there is no info on it…

Oke i did read up a little on the add on for hass.io
So you did enter this https://github.com/vkorn/hassio-addons at the addons section and installed the ps4 waker addon right.
Did you also copy this file to your custom_components folder ?

Then you are almost ready to run it, but you still need a “specific for you generated credentials file” which contains a key which you have to enter in the addon setting.

So to get this you have i think two options:

1. Install the original ps4-waker software on a different linux system and run it there, (when it starts it will say that you have to connect your playstation app on your phone to the ps4waker which you can do in the app)
    When you have run this setup proces there will be a file called .ps4-wake.credentials in the root folder of the system. So that’s the one we want.

2. Do the steps from this post on your hass.io machine Repository: Few addons

ofcourse if you already have the credentials you don’t have to tho this anymore.

thanks, yes i did all that, but i dont have credentials… i dont have another linux system so i cant do that, and im not too sure how to do all this:

SSHed onto the host OS on the Pi23
Connected to the ps4-waker docker image
a. docker ps
b. docker exec -it [id for ps4-waker container] /bin/bash
Install ps4-waker: npm install -g ps4-waker
Delete the ps4-creds.json for now: rm /data/ps4-creds.json
Run ps4-waker and setup again: ps4-waker -c /data/ps4-creds.json
The ps4-creds.json should get re-created after you’ve gone through the setup. My creds were the same as previously so I didn’t have to do anything else such as update the options.json

im also not too sure if i put the ps4.py file in the right folder… its in a folder called custom_components that i made in the folder with the yaml files.

Belongs in /config/custom_components/media_player folder

You log into ps running hass.io and execute the commands in step “b.”
“Docker ps” will give you container status and show the I’d of the container
The other command installs ps4-waker into docker container.

Not sure about other stuff.
Haven’t run PS4 addon

im not sure what ps is and how to get into it… im running raspbian on my pi…

Ive configured everything, but this is all im getting in the addon logs for ps4waker… it doesnt show anything on my hassio homescreen either… I managed to get credentials and all, but its not showing/doing anything…

starting version 3.2.2
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3031

bump? Any ideas?

Did you manaage to get it working? I’m having the same issues it seems. Setup instructions are a bit lacking :confused:

nope… no luck