PS5 integration

Version >=0.4.3 allows you to change the interval between checking device states.

Hopefully this allows you to find the sweet spot of Performance vs. Availability within your setup.

2 Likes

what would be a good balance for the device check interval

~5000ms seems to be the sweet spot for me on a rpi4 8gb. I suggest playing around with it a bit.

1 Like

Thanks @FunkeyFlo for creating this add-on. If I already have the credentials.json file from my Pi, can I just drop this in somewhere in the add-on config?

Since v0.6.0 the add-on stores the credentials in /config/ps5-mqtt/credentials.json. So if you add your current credentials.json to the specified directory everything should work as usual. :grin:

Just tried it and it works great. Thanks!!

Hi @Florentijn, I’ve installed your add-on, no real problem there, it reads the state of the PS5 without issues. Kudo’s on sharing!
Follow up question, is it possible to control the PS5 with this add-on as well? Could I publish an MQTT message that for example would switch ‘OFF’ the PS5 which I could then use in an automation?

Yes it is, sorry for the late reply, somehow didn’t see the notification :sweat_smile:

I implemented a command line sensor just to get to know the state of the PS5. Not as great as remote wake but it helps be automate lights and covers based on its state. This is how I configured it:

command_line:
  - sensor:
      name: 'PS5'
      command: 'echo -n ''SRCH * HTTP/1.1 device-discovery-protocol-version:0003001'' | nc -u -w1 <static IP of PS5> 9302 | awk ''/HTTP\/1.1/ {print $2}'''
      scan_interval: 5
      value_template: >
        {% if value == '200' %}
          on
        {% elif value == '620'%}
          rest
        {% else %}
          off
        {% endif %}

PS aplogies if someone already posted an answer, I admit that I only skimmed through all the answers.

1 Like

Perhaps this can help the overall goal also?

GitHub - iharosi/ps5-wake: PlayStation 5 Discovery and Wake-up Utility

1 Like

Hi Guys!

I need some help!!!

I’m completed lost on how to get my NPSSO… i go and log in and then visit the page with the SSOCOOKIE. but i don’t know how to convert it to a token… i get lost there…

Any help?