PSA: Sonos Beta 8.5 breaks HA Sonos Component

I updated to the Sonos beta this afternoon and right away started having problems with my Sonos component. I can send commands from HA to Sonos but cannot get any info from it. No artwork, constantly says idle, and it will break just about all your Sonos automations. So if you’re in the beta program, update at your own risk.

Sure this wasn’t the case prior to upgrading sonos?

I’m not sure of anything in the last few days! Lol

I upgraded to 0.65 and in doing so had to upgrade from Python 3.5.2 to 3.6. Used a virtual environment and it was working but now wondering if it was somehow using some components in the original install. So it was working but when I installed the beta and HA 0.65.4 it broke. I downgraded back to 0.65.2 which Sonos was last working on and still had issues so I assumed it was the beta.

I see others having this problem on 0.65 so I’ll try loading the custom component and see if that fixes it.

Pretty sure it’s the beta now because my Alexa account is also messed up. I deleted all my Sonos speakers and re-added them but to no avail. I will contact Sonos and see what I can do to reset everything and try HA again. In the meantime, I’d advise any beta testers to stay away from 8.5