PSA: unifi-cam-proxy docker. Bring non-Unifi cameras into Unifi Protect

Is this still working with Protect 3.0.22 or .26? I’m trying to decide if I want to put the effort in to this or not. I’m running Unraid as well, so that would be my host. I have about 7 cameras that I will ultimately slowly migrate to Protect from Blue Iris, but it would be great if I could add a camera or two at a time.

So I have put the effort in today and i’m so close I think. I’m having issues getting an rtsp feed from frigate. I have moved my config over to use Go2rtc but I haven’t managed to connect to the rtsp feed using VLC. anyone got an ideas?

16:47:37.809 WRN github.com/AlexxIT/go2rtc/internal/rtsp/rtsp.go:225 > error=“read tcp 192.168.208.2:8554->192.168.208.1:41348: i/o timeout”

Yes it does. I am on Unraid as well.

I wish the dev was more actively working on it tho.

Well thats the crucial thing needed LOL. Can you get RTSP on VLC from your camera directly?

Yes I have just managed to get this working, just working on my MQTT server as it needs anonymous connection. just installed EMQX broker

How did you get around the MQTT not supporting authenication?

Have you tried not including the

–mqtt-username “XXXX” --mqtt-password “XXXX”

I didn’t know that was a thing, is this how your’s is working?

I get the following error :frowning:

unifi-cam-proxy: error: unrecognized arguments: -mqtt-username **USERNAME** --mqtt-password **PASSWORD**

Mine does have username and password, just giving a suggesting to try maybe remove those arguements OR leave blank and see if it works?