Pushover is really slow lately

I have Pushover enabled for notifications to mine and my wife’s phone and it has been very reliable, lately messages have been delayed up to 10 minutes. I verified that the api keys and user keys are correct and even doing simple service calls with nothing but a message from the control panel takes forever to go through.

I don’t believe it to be a Pushover issue because I have other apps setup (with their own api keys) and they are almost instant.

Has anyone else had this issue lately? Might try revoking the app on the Pushover side and re-creating with a new api key to see if that helps.

I just noticed this as well. Have you found any cause?

I never did figure it out but I also started using NodeRed. I setup almost all notifications in NodeRed now and it’s almost instant.

I just tested Pushover on my setup and it went through instantly. Maybe it was a temporary issue?

I have the same problem. Notifications only arrive about 10 minutes later

Hi all, I have had issues with PushOver notifications being delayed by a few minutes (up to 5). I did find the problem was with IPv6, unfortunately, when IPv6 is enabled, PushOver service calls end up with a timeout after 10s:

2021-11-26 08:52:17 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=notify, service=pushover, service_data=message=Runtime 1110s and load 12.0%. Status is Online., title=UPS on battery!>

2021-11-26 08:52:27 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Service did not complete before timeout: <ServiceCall notify.pushover (c:ea7ffb8dc692b0ce801804aa34113f9b): message=Template("Runtime 1110s and load 12.0%. Status is Online."), title=Template("UPS on battery!")>

When IPv6 is disabled in HA (Supervisor → System → Host → IP address → Change → IPv6 Disable) Push messages are instant.

I tried IPv6 (when enabled) from the host and that seems to work

# ping api[.]pushover[.]net
api.pushover.net is alive!
# ping6 api[.]pushover[.]net
api.pushover.net is alive!

this problem has appeared for me out of the blue after one of the most recent updates. before that pushover notifications were snappy and all was fine

now it takes up to 5min for notifications to be sent/received :frowning:

disabling ipv6 works but then my RPI loses internet connection, so that is not an option

does anybody have anoterh workaround? or may i kindly ask for this to be fixed? pretty please :slight_smile:

Out of the blue I have the same issue. Had to disable ipv6 too.