Putting a Sonoff in your wall switch box

Thanks bro! Awesome to know!

Can I add a LED status light to the switch?
Have been trying to find a good solution for combining manual & smart switches.
Touch switches aren’t very responsive so figured will need to solder a manual switch to GPIO14 & GND but really looking for a solution where somehow I can add LED status light to the manual switch.

Thanks again!

Two light switches have been Tasmotized so far - I’m waiting for the next shipping. :hugs:

Here in Hungary and generally in a big part of Europe the main wires coming from the top to the switches without the neutral wire, and moreover the boxes are too small to hide a Sonoff in them.
The solution is using the electrical box near the ceiling where the switch wires and the input voltage meet with the wires going to the light. The wires between the two poles of the switch are hooked up between GPIO14 and GND, and done.

Hi,

I have multiple (I guess 8-10) Sonoff T1s (2-3 switch) and Sonoff Touchs. However we did not like the touch panel of the sonoffs and it is too late to buy Shellys. I’d like to mount them so that I will have a regular switch and wire that to the sonoff touch or T1 removing the touch panel section and the glass cover. Then fit them all in the hole where original switch was mounted.I know how to do it on Sonoff Basic but I already have the Touchs and T1s and also they are nice and round and fit easily to the space where European switches were. Does anybody know how to do that?

You can try cutting off the entire front plate and buy an EU blank plate and glue them together

But we need to use them as touch switches with EU blank plate right? What I was hoping to do was remove the actual touch surfaces from the front board and solder small cables to connect to the normal switch and see if I can use them as GPIO ports (detect status change) like when you connect a regular switch to a sonoff basic.

that can also work if you want to make it a physical switch

Yup I want a disigtal switch but don’t know the GPIO# for the touch surfaces. Also can you use them under Tasmota?

http://philipp.stiller.cc/blog/hacking-a-sonoff-touch has all the pin info

Thanks a lot @blakadder thanks for the link. I will try tonight.

1. Can I just cut off the touch surfaces’ connection and solder two wires instead?
  2. Do you know the other GPIO# if I have a 2 gang Sonoff T1?
  3. Can I change the behaviour from instantaneous to change state in Tasmota?

Thanks for your guidance.

1. yes, its a switch
  2. no idea, i never dealt with T1’s
  3. not sure what exactly you’re looking for but i’ll leave this here

I am not sure I understood the switch mode and switch topic in the link. What I mean by 3:
Since Regular EU Light Switches are on/off switches and not momentary switches. I have to change the relay on/off with every change in switch position. e.g. I may turn on the lights by turning the switch on and turn off the lights from Home Assistant app or through automation. When I change the switch position to off (essentially turn off the lights if there was no sonoff behind it) lights should turn back on since the switch position has changed. What should I use for switchMode and switchTopic for that behaviour? I believe I once saw a video for Sonoff Basic that did that.

the touch switch is a toggle switch, whatever you connect to its wires will behave the same

Above is what I have in my home. This is Ireland so similar to how UK homes would be wired. House was built around 2006.

I have flashed my Sonoff Basic with Tasmota, no problems, but I am trying to wrap my head around exactly how to wire it in here.

Apologies, I am a software engineer but my electrical knowledge is limited-ish… :wink:

You can see I have marked what I think will be in the output N and output L but I need to figure out the input N and input L

I’ve been following along with the great videos by @DrZzs but I guess his wiring is very US-centric, so doesn’t look to line up exactly like my own.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

For us UK based guys it’s easiest for us to connect the Sonoff up at the light rose in the ceiling, and connect the light “switch” wires to GPIO14.

It’s my job over Christmas if I get chance with the baby…

Sonoff Basic have a too big box… try to use Shelly1 or Shelly2 instead

1 Like

Wow this is what would work best for me!
Do I need to add a resistor b/w GPIO14 & GND in this case?

Hello! I saw you using a HTTM led button with sonoff. I had one and it has 3 pin (VCC, GND, OUT). GND is to GND pin on sonoff but wich pin is to GPio14 ? VCC or OUT ?

Some progress. I connected the VCC to VCC, GND to GND and GPIO14 to OUT pin of the HTTM button. But I still need to give 2 touches to the touch button so that the action (TOGGLE) occurs. Something missing?

Dr Zzs is it possible to make such a video also for the sonoff DIY Mini as I’m not sure how to connect the switch. Or is it better just to make a test setup? Or is there a good article where you can refer me to. Sorry for the noonish questions.