PV / Solar Excess Optimizer: Auto-control appliances (wallbox, dish washer, heatpump, ...) based on excess solar power

Stefan,

Lets apply a little logic here.

• Can your WH work only on 1,2 or 3 phases, if it cannot then the setup would logically be to use 3 phase.

• If it can run on 1,2, or 3 phases then nothing lost in trying to set it up on single phase.

Not having one of these personally, its a bit hard to say for certain. Happy to be corrected.

Same here :+1:

Hi there.

I have a couple of mining rigs that I would like to turn on and off when I have excess solar production, would this work for my case?

Something in the line of turn shelly plug on when shelly em is bellow -100, and turn off when above 0 w, but I donā€™t want to turn anything off just because some cloud just came overā€¦

Pedro,

What you are looking for is a simple automation setup in the form you want, itā€™s basically something you will have to setup and try as the windows of operational requirement are very finite if I am reading this correctly.

PV Solar EO is a bit complex the way it works, where is prioritizes appliances turning off and on depending on the settings and your solar generated. Its also able to control device that can take a variable load. Unless your application has a priority basis requirement.

Thanks, it can work 1, 2, or 3 Phases. So I choose 3 times single Phase Appliance.

Nothing lost in giving it a try, just make sure you select the voltage right. As indicated this is not something that I have tried, interested to see your results. Once again ensure you follow your location electrical code. Good luck

Hi

Exactly, within my mining rigs i would like to prioritize the use of some over others. The thing is i am uncertain about some clouds when they pop up, would the use of this blueprint help me with that?

On each appliance you setup, you can choose the ā€œAppliance typical current drawā€ and if you dont want the appliance to turn off then select ā€œOnly-On-Applianceā€ this should take into consideration to keep the appliance on if there is no solar (clouds etc) Please read the settings details as the description is very detailed. Once again you need to give it a try and see if it meets your requirements. Good Luck

i have a question, from what i can understand, this blueprint expects the total PV power to subtract the load power from it. the problem with my inverter is that it doesnā€™t show the PV power if not all of it itā€™s being used. If my batteries are charged, and iā€™m only drawing 1KW, the PV power sensor will just report 1KW, even if the potential production is higher.
Is there any workaround for this? is it possible for example to use the forecast.solar integration (which is working pretty spot on in my case) to determine if thereā€™s excess power available?

This blueprint is based on solar power, where the appliances can be switched on or off on a priority basis, depending on the switched load. The solar forecast is basically to calculate what solar power could be available so that the batteries are charged fully by the end of the day. Priority is always by default given to charging the batteries on a Hybrid Inverter. Unless you are able to read the actual power being generated by your panels and use your measuring device entity I canā€™t see how its going to work. I have not tried what you are proposing, but happy to be corrected.

How about a washing machine? How is it determined here whether a wash cycle can run? because there are different wash cycles and the power consumption differs from wash cycle and wash program. Is worked here with historical data. If not, it might make sense to be able to enter a W/h here.

Hello Neil,

I have the same problem with re-enabled automations - I want to try your work around, but I can not find the below entity in my system - do you have an idea how to ā€œfindā€ or create it?

Thanks for some feedback.
Dirk

Hello all.

I have also some issues to re-enable automations in the morning again - therefore I want to write down my experience here; perhaps the issue can be found with the support of the community.

Some automations are disabled at night and turned back on in the morning with an automation.
I think this is nothing special and here are a lot of example automations to do this.
Sometimes the pyscript is realising the activation (visible in the log), sometimes not.

In my case it seems, that when I restart home assistant with disabled automations, the pyscript does not recognize when they are enabled again afterwards.
When I do not restart home assistant in this period, it seems that all is working as expected.

What do you think? Do you have the same use case when the ā€œre-enable issueā€ occurs?

Here is my automation in the UI :

Thanks for your fast feedback.
Well, I can not select/find your service my HA installation; maybe Iā€™m being stupid :slight_smile:

ā†’ I expect its the second one in my list. :innocent:

But the entity with pyscript is not existing, really.

I assume you have pyscript in your integrations?

This then gives this single entity that lets HA know which integration to reload.

Well, here is somehow the difference.
I have no idea what wents wrong or how to get the missing stuff.

OK - you will have to do it by Config Entry ID (the tickbox)

Hereā€™s how to get the ID :

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-find-config-entry-id-to-reload-via-service-call/

Gr8 - I found the entry ID in the given file core.config_entries.
Short test of the service is executed without errors; but afterwards no debug logging anymore from pv_excess.

To be honest, I think its not the right way somehow.
Well, for me its still unclear how to setup a robust configuration.

Strange as it works 100% for me - this automation is turned off every morning at 7am for 2.5 hours, and then turned on - make sure your automation matches mine as in reload, delay 30s, re-enable automation.