Python site-packages location

Hi,

Noob question. I am looking for the python site-packages folder. I want to replace a samsunctl websocket file to test the new ssl remote capability but when I ssh into hass.io the /usr/local/lib/ dir is empty. Im looking for /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/samsungctl/remote_websocket.py

What have I done wrong?

Any help appreciated

Hi! Found your comment on github as I’m also following the Samsung issue.

Check this out, maybe it could help?

The solution is to replace the samsunctl library with a new branch that has recently been made. This allows a token to be received and https comms over port 8002 (8001 is no longer supported by samsung at firmware rev 1250).

The solution is known but access to the python libraries is needed. When I log on to the pi using root, these are not found. I believe there are two partitions set up however I have no idea how to access the other one.

Any help appreciated

2 Likes

I think this is detailed in the thread I linked…?

Hi @cnschulz, I am just starting out with hassio and am trying to find the location of this file as well. Did you have any success?
I am do not have a samsungctl directory within my site-packages directory.

No… But… Its working now… Here is the text of the post from the person that got it working. I can’t find the original link as I just emailed this to myself from work.

Hi @arsaboo to be honest I fiddled around with the settings a lot till I got it working!
So the best I can do is to share with you what I have and you can use it.
I also had to change if config[“timeout”] == x to if config[“timeout”] == 5 in remote_websocket.py
Extract these 2 folders to your custom_components folder via WinSCP
https://mega.nz/#!Np01iAgT!DCl9pvl7sZ1odxrsh68R7Dcd2UN9uxScVXBuCNBdyJ8

Include this in your configuration.yaml

media_player:

• platform: samsungtv

name: Cinema TV

host: 192.168.1.118

mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

port: 8002

Now have your TV ON when you restart HA and the TV should ask you to Allow HomeAssistant.
Press Allow. If it doesn’t ask, try to press any button on HA’s frontend to control the TV

You’ll know if it’s working by looking at the token.txt inside samsungctl folder. There will be an 8 digit token number in there.

This working for my NU8000 (2018) model on latest FW
Though it’s not showing HA if it is playing anything or it’s idle which is my next problem

Hope you get this working my friend

:tada: Thank you so much! This is working as you described.

If anyone is reading this in the future, this fix works for the older NU7100 series as well.