Qnap Homematic (Hardware Layer)

Hi…

I’m pretty new to the subject, insofar there might be some ‘dummy’ questions… forgive me, please…
I’m running Home Assistant on a Qnap as a Docker (Container) app.
https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant
Home Assistant = 0.85.0
Till now everything worked as expected, even if it took me some time to figure it out…

Now I tried to enable the Homematic Hardware Layer:

In my ‘configuration.yaml’, I added the following lines:

homematic:
  interfaces:
    rf:
      host: core-homematic
      port: 2001
    wired:
      port: 2000
    hmip:
      port: 2010

After a restart there is the following error:

2019-01-12 09:44:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component homematic                             
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                 
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component                                                  
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore                                                                       
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run                                                    
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)                                                                                    
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/homematic/__init__.py", line 270, in setup                                           
    'ip': socket.gethostbyname(rconfig.get(CONF_HOST)),                                                                            
socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

I’ve no idea, what’s causing this?! HELP!

I watched the following video (German), which explains the process of enabling the Homematic Hardware Layer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85kOZtt_Uk

The setup seems to be a bit different, since I never got the Hass.io menu entry…
In this menu there is a SYSTEM tab with a HARDWARE button…
How do I enable this in my current installation?

If someone could shed some light on this, I would be deeply grateful!

Cheers, Sven

I dont use it, but based on that error, it can’t resolve the hostname ‘core-homematic’. Does your DNS server have this, and/or do you require the domain suffix to be added?

Well, from what I understood, there are 2 different ways to setup a CCU.
Either you own a ‘real’ hardware CCU and can connect to it by entering the proper IP-addresses and so on…
… or you simulate a CCU right inside Home Assistant.

If the simulation would work, there should apparently be an integration window looking like this, where you could configure the details…

Correct me if I’m wrong! :wink:

homematicCCU

Is your HA instance coming back up without any problems when you reboot your QNAP? I am just about to give up on the QNAP see my post - QNAP + Docker = needs advise please :)