Qolsys iq4 integration help please!

I’m not sure then. I would try restarting the broker add-on and then restarting the AppDaemon add-on. You could also check the MQTT add-on logs to see what it’s showing when AppDaemon tries connecting.

restarted Mosquito - log…

restarted AppDaemon - log…

I have decided to re-install the OS, and start from scratch. I will update you tomorrow.

started with a fresh OS. Now, AppDaemon will not start. Error loading /config/secrets.yaml. I believe this file is formatted correct. I see that I have a 2nd secrets.yaml file located at /homeassistant/secrets.yaml. which one is correct, and it there an issue having both?

Set that first line in your MQTT config and use that file.

AppDaemon is started, QolsysGateway shows up in the UI. Log file has connection errors…

after a bit, log file will contain this errors

What is your network setup? See some posts about having dual connectivity (Ethernet and WiFi) causing issues.

Home Assistant green is ethernet, Qolsys is wireless.

Both Appdaemon and Mosquito broker are on the Home Assistant, so all communication should be internal, right?

I feel that most of my issues are related to the installation location of Appdaemon, my ability (or lack of) to mover proper folder structures, and correctly identify app_dir: and secrets: in appdaemon.yaml.

There’s no issue with the panel being on WiFi. The dual connectivity problem would be having the HAOS installation on both Ethernet and WiFi.

The communication is internal but it’s not as simple as AppDaemon talking directly to MQTT. They go through a virtualized switch that is tied back to the physical network interface.

The folder move is because of HACS installing the Qolsys app in an old location used by AppDaemon. That was a change on the AppDaemon side some time back.

Can you post your current AppDaemon.yaml?

Qolsys is now communicating with Home Assistant - YAY and thanks.

Will the sensors only show as entities in HA? is there a way add them as a device?

can you reccomend any articles/examples that I should become familiar with? Do you have any reccomendations on using MQTT triggers or Entity events?

There’s an integration called “Device Tools” available in HACS that lets you create your own devices from the entities but I don’t believe there’s any real benefit to it. Here’s a sample automation I have for locking the exterior doors when the alarm is set:

alias: Locks with Alarm Arm
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - alarm_control_panel.house
    to: armed_home
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - alarm_control_panel.house
    to: armed_away
condition: []