Question about integrating EliteControl alarm system into Home Assistant (NZ company)

@cannons.for.u Mario C

Any chance you can share this with me?

Or if there’s another way to connect with homebridge now the new app is out

Thanks

Andy

@ndbroadbent Are you able to share a more detailed photo of your connections to the central? I would like to do the same, but i can’t check all the connections on your image.

Hi.

Tony here - first time poster.

Did anyone get hold of the ‘cheat sheet’ that Mario C talked about above? I reached out to him at Arrowhead to find that he had moved on. I have emailed his new contact details but no reply as yet (mind you its only been a day., that might still be coming). I think I have pieced together enough clues to connect and program up the keyswitch input to arm/disarm an ESL-2, and I can get the ‘alarm is sounding’ indication from the alarm relays. What I havent been able to sus out, is how to get the set/unset state of the alarm as a relay contact or digital output . What’s the trick for that? I intend to write up an ESP-8266 integration to do the glue logic.

I havent had any reply from Mario - either here or via the new business he works at. I am hoping to start my integration journey to the ESL-2 in the next couple of weeks, and still have no idea how to get hold of the Arm/Disarm state of the alarm system from the ESL-2 hardware. I understand how to trigger it to arm/disarm with the keyswitch, its the resulting state I cant get a handle on. Can anyone here give me a few hints on how to surface this?

I don’t know if this as an helpful for you but I send a mail to the company about the integration with HA and he says “we have this on our roadmap but not for this year…”

Asked about how can communicate and get info from the board and he says:

You can connect an RS232 board to the alarm panel.

You can use this to connect the alarm via a PC using an RS232 connection.