Question about Radio RA2 integration

Hi everyone, I saw that with the Lutron add on you can control Radio RA2 which is great. I was just wondering how that works with seeTouch keypads? Am I able to program it so that when I press a button on a keypad, it runs an event on Home Assistant, same with Pico remotes? Or does this strictly just control dimmers and switches?

in its current state, the lutron component is extremely limited. Only controls switches and dimmers. I think a large part of this is due to the fact that the maintainer of pylutron is not very responsive, and that is what this is based on. I was working with another individual, @bdunks (on Github) and he did have seetouch keypads working in his branch (https://github.com/bdunks/home-assistant/tree/lutron-scene), but things died off a bit because he couldn’t get a PR merged…

In summary, HA RA2 support is very limited :frowning:

you might give the custom component a try:

Device support depends on your hub. The pro model and I think certain RA2 models use the same TelNet interface to integrate with systems like Control4 and Savant - this is what the custom component uses.

Here is some discussion on that custom component if you haven’t read through it already:

Looks like the upsert/lutron-caseta-pro only support RA2 select - which, iirc, doesn’t support seetouch keypads. I’m making an assumption that @psychobunny83 is using ra2 essentials or ra2 inclusive, which both support seetouch keypads.

you’re right, seetouch is only on RadioRA 2 and Homeworks QS

System Comparison—Caséta, RA2 Select, RadioRA 2, & HomeWorks QS: