Question: Energy Meter - Integration - Riemann Sum Integral

Can you double check for both the power meters and energy meters that the current state of those devices has the correct unit of measurement? For examples…

Power Meter

Energy Meter

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I managed to fix it. I changed the device class from HA-> Customization - and now - after almost 24h - it started to show the consumption in kWh .
Thank you

1 Like

@lostprophet please could you give me steps to change device class from HA-> Customization?

Hi @dkovacic , I don’t think you can as there is no more the Customization menu - you need to do it from yaml - either in config, or where you defined the sensor.

I finally solved it. After I defined device class, initially there was no success. After that I added new sensor defintions, new names, same configuration, and those new sensors had correct unit of measurement kWh!

@dkovacic , what kind of integration method are you using?

The correct answer depends on your load.

If it’s an on / off load - like a light, dehumidifier, etc. Use Left otherwise you’ll get very inaccurate results.

If it’s a whole house energy meter that is constantly fluctuating, then trapezoidal may give you better accuracy.

1 Like

thank @PeteRage , in fact your answer covered 100% of my needs :smiley: