Question for users of the Enphase / Envoy Integration

Hello,

I’m using the Enphase integration and everything is working fine so far.
Only the senor sensor.envoy_111111111111111_current_power_consumption always returns incorrect values.
Actually, he should spend the power consumption. But he doesn’t. It usually gives values ​​that are about (but not equal to) as high as the energy production.
At night, for example, it stays around zero, although we always consume at least 200 watts.

However, the live view in the web interface shows the correct consumption.

Anyone have similar problems?

Greeting Werner

In my case, the Envoy power consumption gives strange value, like -2. So, I ignore it and I don’t use it for anything. Simply because I don’t know if that’s correct and I can’t confirm it.

Therefore, I only use the Envoy power production, which I can confirm it’s correct by comparing it to the Envoy mobile app.

1 Like

Interesting. So you have a problem too. So far I have also ignored this sensor. But now I would like to switch on a device that should only run when solar energy would otherwise be fed in. I would like to calculate the current production minus the current consumption and thus have the surplus.
A pity.

Maybe someone has a solution for this problem.

Greeting Werner

Hi @Herbert01,

I have an Enphase inverter system together with an Encharge 3T battery. I know that the Envoy integration (I use a custom component instead of the official one) does not work correctly with a battery. Basically, the Consumption sensor does not give correct values for the home consumption when the battery is charging or discharging. Charging the battery is included in the Consumption sensor; so when the battery is charging, the Production and Consumption sensors give similar values. On the other hand, consumption from a discharging battery is not included in the Consumption sensor.

This issue is due to limitations of the data provided by the Enphase API that is being used by the integration (even though correct data are available as can be seen in the app). Together with other issues with the Envoy integration, this is being discussed in Enphase Envoy - Current state of things.

Do you also have an Enphase battery by any chance?

2 Likes

Hello,

thanks for the answer.
Yes, I have the Enphase 10kwh battery.

Greeting Werner

1 Like

Do you have found a solution?