RadonEye BLE Interface

Hi, I have a RD200 as well. I have a Pi400 with huss OS Home assistant and ESPHome installed.
How am I doing this? This Radon Eye BLE Sensors — ESPHome did not work for me. I do not know what ble scanner they are talking about, but the new bluetooh integration does not find any devices apart from pi400
I only get an error that the device has no wifi which makes not much sense to me, as this is supposed to work over BlueTooth.
I am very newb when it comes to ESP Home. Has anyone some easier-to-follow instructions? thanks

I am banging my head against the wall trying to make my RD200 connect through ESPhome to no avail. Is a FR:RE version and have tried several solutions posted in this thread but no matter what I try.

Is the ESPhome sensor working on the firmware 2.0.2 version, or must we use the Python script?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jordi

Mine is an FR:RU (also with v2.0.2) and I’m stuck as well.

EDIT: I gave up with the ESPHome-based solution and went with the python script using great instructions that @brianp linked to in his post.

1 Like

Yes, I did exactly the same, now everything running smoothly.

I think Santa is getting me one (not sure if a V1 or V2). Either way, I may try to get it into a native homeassistant integration and avoid the Esphome. I was successful making an integration for a bluetooth scale: Went from know nothing about BT to learning bleak, decoding the data, and making integration in 3 days. The radon_reader_by_handle.py looks like it has all the info needed to figure it out for both versions.

3 Likes

That would be great! Looking forward to check it out - if you plan to share your integration of course.

If you need betatesters, I would be happy to help :wink:

Merry Christmas! Give it a try:
https://github.com/jdeath/rd200v2

Only works for version 2 with serial FR:RU*, maybe I can add other versions later. It only does the current radon value. Based on lots of people codes I found online. I need to figure out how to name it better in the integration panel, but it works.

I put a hacs file, but probably want to download it, put in custom components and restart. It should find your device automatically.

2 Likes

Look forward to trying. Do you expect it to work via the ESPHome/HA bluetooth proxy functionality?

Yes, it works via the ESPhome proxy and/or built in bluetooth adapter.

4 Likes

I have installed via HACS but doesn’t found my device (FR:RE version 2). It’s a HAOS installation but the server doesn’t have BT adapter. I have several ESP32 all along the house and using one of them to connect to the RD200.

I guess that without a BT adapter, I can’t do it.

Thanks anyway!

Is your ESPHome acting as a Bluetooth proxy? (ESPHome Bluetooth Proxy) Otherwise there is no way for the integration to get the data via an ESPHome to your HA.

3 Likes

Oh no. I will prepare an ESP32 to be a proxie and come back with more news.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
allow me to pick this up:
Doesn’t work for me unfortunately. I have a newer FR:RE model (so type 1) and an older FR:R2 (type 0) and while the python script on a RPi successfully finds both when run in scan mode, I can only connect to the newer RadonEye and retrieve a value while when I try to connect with the older detector I get timeouts and this „Helper not started (did you call connect()?)“ message exactly like reported by programmdesign.
Did you guys get around this in the meantime ?

@jaaem - the serial on mine is FR:GI01RE000xxx. I just got it so I think it’s type 2? My HA BT adapter sees it but the hacs integration says no devices found. Is this model not supported by your code?

Only the US and ES version are supported now. It requires the 1st 4 digits of the serial number to match You can edit the manifest.json file and the line 152 in the config_flow.py to allow that serial number prefix and see if it works. If it works, let me know and I can add it in. I have no way to test, so you’ll have to play with it.

1 Like

Thanks and will do!

Worked with “FR:GI”. Thank you! Much appreciated!

Nice. I drafted a new release to include it

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks again!

I have an older model (FR:R2) and it works nicely with the ESPHome component - I’d recommend it for a nearly turnkey solution, at least until someone pulls together a true Home Assistant integration that handles all the different types of Radon Eye units!