RaspBee ZigBee

The rest then should be easy. As soon as you have deconz --http-port=80 running, direct your browser to the address of your raspberry pi and follow the instructions in here starting from page 3. If you have trouble adding your lights to the network, try resetting them (page 15).
When you’re finished setting up your lights you can add them to homeassistant by adding the following to your config (replacing the host IP accordingly

light:
  platform: hue
  host: 127.0.0.1

After a restart, when the hue wizard in HA prompts you to press a button on the hue bridge, go to the webinterface and under settings click ‘open network’. Now you should start seeing your lights pop up in HA.

1 Like

I got this working perfectly on a different raspberry pi using the raspbee - my only correction would be that in order for HA to connect to the raspbee hue platform, click the ‘unlock gateway’ button which is also found in settings just above ‘open network’. Thanks for all the help!

I have this running on a different raspberry pi than HA but the lag for turning off/on lights is almost zero in my opinion.

For people using Deconz, how well and reliable does it work? Also, what devices do you use?
I want to try it, but I’m afraid of spending 40€ and then realizing it doesn’t work well :frowning:

Also, does it support headless mode already?

I bought the Conbee, tried to get it running, couldn’t seem to figure it out and it also seemed to need DeConz to run it.

I decided it was too much work and returned it. I bought the LINEAR HUSBZB-1 usb dongle and it just works. Very happy with it.

And you get a Z-WAVE radio to boot! I already had the AEOTEC Z-Stick but if it ever decides to stop working I’ll still have a spare Z-WAVE controller.

Yeah, you need DeConz for it to work.
The advantage I see on DeConz vs HA with the HUSBZB-1 is that Deconz supports ZHA and ZLL and supports many more devices I think.
Also, the HUSBZB-1 has USA ZWave frequency, which will not work with the devices here in EU.

Aside from the additional functionality of the Conbee (which I didn’t realize and not sure if it’s that much of a benefit) it’s still cheaper to buy both the HUSBZB-1 and the AEOTEC Z-stick than it is to buy the Conbee and the Z-stick even if the HUSBZB-1 Z-wave radio won’t work for you.

1 Like

For using DeConz I think you only need the usb stick which costs about 50€ or the raspbee which costs 35€…

I was comparing US prices. The Conbee sells here on Amazon for $45 and the HUSBZB-1 sells on Amazon for $37. And with the HUSBZB-1 you get a free Z-wave radio.

And you don’t need DeConz

At least in the US… :wink:

You guys have all the fun over there! :frowning:

1 Like

Hi guys,
Just read through this very interesting thread… wow.
Could you please advise what would be the preferred way to run this with hass.io which is running on RPi3?

• in a container (marthoc/deconz) - though I’m not really sure how to set it up
  • on a separate RPi w/Rasbian

Thx in advance!

Hass.io now hosts an official add-on for deCONZ

1 Like