Raspberry Pi 4 and WIFI

Hi,

I have installed Hass.io on raspberry pi 4 but I am unable to get WIFI working. I have tried getting the wifi by formating usb drive with name CONFIG and there is nothing more than a folder named “network” and inside that folder a file named “my-network” without extension. Then I put this to my Pi 4 and from Hass.io gui I click “Import from USB” and in the logs I can see this:

19-09-07 11:35:02 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.hassos] Syncing configuration from USB with HassOS.
19-09-07 11:35:02 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.services] Restart local service hassos-config.service
19-09-07 11:35:02 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.RestartUnit on /org/freedesktop/systemd1

But then nothing happens and no wifi… Also tried to SSH to Hass.io but from there I can’t do anything since I am inside docker and not on hardware.

Any tips how I can get WIFI to work? System version is HassOS 3.4.

Edit: Moved to Hass.IO section

1 Like

You may want to try moving this post to the HassIO section, you may get more replies :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can skip the USB config altogether and use an add-on instead. Guide: Connecting Pi with Home Assistant OS to wifi (or other networking changes)

1 Like

This was really cool. Worked like a charm! This is why I love Hass.io, there are so many amazing guides and addons available! But also really hard to find them since there are so many them.

But again, thank you! It worked and was easy.