Raspberry PI 4B case with SSD support

I checked github and found nothing, so I raised an issue https://github.com/DeskPi-Team/deskpi/issues/37

1 Like

Hey, if you’re brave, I came up with a jumper which through imperial evidence works. Not sure if it will work forever, but no risk no reward, huh? I’ll leave it running and let you know. My DeskPi Pro is curently always on.

I’ll keep you guys updated. If this works, the DeskPi Pro is easily the best case for Home Assistant with Raspberry Pi. Far superior to Argon One.

This unit will run HA non-stop until It dies. I 1/2 expect it to die. But if its still running in a month, or I can get confirmation from the OEM, then we have a winner.

2 Likes

hey Adam,

is he still alive?

thanks for your Add-on!

1 Like

yes we need an update

1 Like

This has been running for over a year now without problems. Seems like a good hardware mod.

1 Like

yes, thats the best case for a Pi4…i am on NUC8 since 6 months, and what a beast for HA, so responsive, no more problem with my 50 wifi sensors under Esphome, my cameras, and all my 70 Zigbee sensors…

1 Like

Is there a how to for setting up home assistant on the deskpi pro v2 with SSD?

1 Like

Just install HA without regard to the Deskpi Pro V2, then build it. I have two Deskpi Pro V2, one with HA and one just a development pi. I had installed HA on an SD card already and backed it up.

When I went to DeskPi, I used Pi imager to create an HA image on to the SSD. Installed it in the DeskPi case, booted it, and restored my HA backup onto it. Thats it.

1 Like

2-years, on a V1 unit. Always-on just works.

Same since July 2022

1 Like