Raspberry Pi/HA trashes my network

Hi,

I’ve been using HA for 4-5 years now. I’ve been using an Rpi 4 with SSD for the past few years - no issues whatsoever.

Starting yesterday, I noticed network issues (30+ wifi devices not connecting/wired devices not getting any internet). According to Glasswire there have been hundreds of ARP table changes.

By process of elimination I found the problem was my Rpi. The moment I unplug it, all of my devices get their connectivity back in minutes. The Rpi has never had anything like PiHole installed on it - just HA.

I have tried a fresh install of HA and as soon as I get to the onboarding screen, the network messes up again. I have also tried a completely different Pi and the effect is the same!

Could it be a router issue? I have a Draytek Vigor 2620ln and have done a full factory reset.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer as I’m lost without HA, but need my network more :wink:

Hi Ben, have you seen this: Updated, entire network crashing

I have seen multiple issues with these routers lately.

Thanks Nick. This looks just like my issue!

That’s good news!

Please take the time to mark the answer as solution, you do that by selecting the three dots under the post:

Then select the check box:

This can be useful to other users as well and prevents that someone else steps in to try to help you.

Another idea might be to change the topic title so it becomes less general, which also might help others.