Raspbian + Docker + HassIO

You need to copy the script and run it locally.

Not runing:

[email protected]:/home# curl -sL installer.sh | bash -s -- -m raspberrypi4
bash: line 1: !DOCTYPE: No such file or directory
bash: line 2: html: No such file or directory
bash: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token `<'
'ash: line 3: `<head id="ctl00_ctl00_Head1"><title>

This GitHub branch now is archived, and README.md announced: “This install method has been deprecated”. I see the another installation algorithm.

You need to run it locally. I used it yesterday!
(Also you don’t need to ‘curl’ it if you downloaded it - don’t use curl -sL)

./installer.sh | bash -s – -m raspberrypi4

Hello, due to this installation process not supported anymore (depricated), does someone know what are the new instruction/commands to type (for having hassio on raspberry desktop, indeed only way to keep the supervisor icon on HA session)? indeed I read in the message error that it could be possible, but I don’t know what to type :frowning:

1st option: flash the Home Assistant OS image for your Pi - you keep the supervisor, you lose access to a full OS

2nd option: Install Raspbian as the OS and install Home Assistant Core in venv or docker. You gain access to a full OS, you lose the supervisor.

Hello jason :slight_smile: I just realize that despite the installation is not supported anymore, the http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8123 seems to work and I see the supervisor. So I don’t really understand why it works :sweat_smile: do you think I will have a problem later on? (=I don’t understand "the installation is not supported :thinking:)

If I can keep my installation, I had another question : when I will restart my Rpi later , does someone know what are the commands I will need to type on the terminal, please? Thank you in advance for your help

Try my fork… curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/krdesigns-com/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s -- -m raspberrypi4

1 Like

Thank you, just working.

Why does everyone think that an announcement that it’s not SUPPORTED any more means that their install will suddenly stop working?

It means they aren’t going to WORK on that installation method any more. It means they aren’t going to SUPPORT any issues on that installation method. It doesn’t mean that your currently installed system is just going to stop working today.

2 Likes

Hi to everyone, I have been using homeassistant since last October on a raspi 4 installation (docker Hassio) which I even have replicated thanks to dd. Today I wanted to restart from scratch just to refresh my memory but after spending some hours (docker, containers, images and so on) and come to the conclusion that I only would have been able to install homeassistant (not Hassio) because the docker image for armv7-hassio-supervisor generated errors I arrived on this page and finally tried the “KingRichard fork”. It appears to install a couple of containers among which is hassio_supervisor, but there isn’t any port associated (I see it from portainer) so I cannot access to the web ui lovelace. Any help in understanding what’s going on would be appreciated.

Federico

It still be 8123

unfortunately it does not connect and from “portainer” the same port doesn’t seem to be active

The port should be 8123 and it will need time to run/download. If you need to see you could install portainer side-by-side to see the error. BTW portainer will run on port 9000

make sure your firewall did not block the port

Ok folks, I restarted from scratch and now it seems to have gone well with the link of KingRichard. I think I must have missed something during the first try. Thank you!
P.S.: let’s hope there always will be a way to install hass.io with docker in the future, I share the opinion that’s the most efficient way of handling with home assistant

According to this forum post, it seems to suggest the depreciated then reinstated Supervised install script repository is left in a broken state. So be aware.

It should be fine (I tried) to use the script in this state: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/blob/093309e53de8a812d31339a5e2f8f373593b5835/installer.sh

1 Like

Hey,
What is the recommended way to install HassIO in a docker container nowadays?

Is it still possible / recommended?

If I visit the official documentation, it seems that only HassOS is supported in the future?

What is HassOS exactly? A full linux image with preinstalled HassIO?

If I take a look at this block, they say that I should install HassOS in a virtual machine. Does this means that I install Raspbian + VirtualBox, an than install HassOS in my virtual box?

Thanks

You can’t install virtualbox on raspbian. Virtualbox is x86 only.