Ratgdo - local mqtt control for your Chamberlain/Liftmaster security+ 2.0 garage door opener

This is almost certainly a bug. Here’s what I tested:

1. open fully closed door to 50%. [opens to 50%]. Set to 48% [closes slightly]. Set to 56% [opens a bit more] – works as expected.

2. close fully open door to 50%. [closes to 50%]. Set to 48% [closes slightly]. Set to 56% [opens a bit more] – works as expected.

3. open fully closed door to 50%. [opens to 50%]. Set to 50% [closes completely] – FAIL.

4. close fully open door to 50%. [closes to 50%]. Set to 50% [opens completely] – FAIL.

It seems the catch is all around setting to exactly where it is set to. Would you like to raise the issue in GitHub or shall I?

1 Like

You may do so.

I’m not seeing any reference to cover.set_cover_position in my HA. I have something called cover.ratgdov25i_47a31e_door. Only entity that contains cover.

cover.set_cover_position is a HA service, now called “action”. This is used by HA to make things happen

What you are looking at is the device or entity. The thing controlled by the service

Ahhh, I see that now in the services. Still struggling how I use this in like a card. if I try using any card with cover.ratgdov25i_47a31e_door it’s more of an up and down thing. Can’t control the percentage or scroll thru and select a percentage.

I add the cover entity in the UI as a button. Simple open/close that by default shows the current door state using image. Default action when Long press the button pops up an ui that allows slide up and down to specific percentage

I use a Mushroom Cover Card and it works great. Makes it like a dimmer slider.

+1 to the mushroom cover card. I use this one too, and it’s perfect. You can swap between the simple up/down to the percentage function on the card by clicking the button on the far right of it. And it looks nice.

Up/Down Look

Percentage Dimmer/Slider Look (currently at 0% open so it looks empty here)

@jeff6 I know it’s been awhile. I just purchased the latest board and uploaded the latest ESPHome firmware, All is working except the RatGDO controls:
ratgdo

I do have the doors bridged into homekit. These controls also continue to function. I’ve got the door obstruction sensors and wall control wired into the RatGDO board.

See this on RATGDO restart:

Failed to communicate with garage opener on startup.

UPDATE: Flashed wrong protocol. My Liftmaster W8500 is SEC+, not 2.0.

Has anybody tried powering / communicating with RatGDO via PoE? Are the pins available to connect an ethernet device?

I don’t know if that’d work without building your own ratgdo with an ESP32 instead. I don’t think there’s enough GPIO pins available to add a PoE adapter to it (esp for network + power).