Ready to get into HA voice control - questions

So I’ve been using my Google Home as my HA voice control and it works very well once I debugged my disconnect issued.

While Google Home works well, I want to start looking into Home Assistants built in voice assistant.

The M5 Atom Echo looks like a good path to take but I want to get your opinion. I definately need wake word capability. Note that I do not have a Nabu Casa subscription (if that matters for this stuff). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hass has a hardware kit on the way and are working double time on the software (esphome) to use it.

I would wait until that or the future proof homes kit is out unless you have experience debugging hw, then come join us on this thread:

Since that post it’s locked up again a few times, sometimes after an hours, sometimes after 10 minutes. The LED thing sucks because I could get a replacement but the turnaround time would be probably 4 to 6 weeks. More so because it’s locking up and I have to go into the app to verify since it has no led.

With that said, I did get microwakeword working and just posted the yaml config in that thread so I am “waiting and seeing”

I 100 percent agree, wait until Hass/Nabu or future proof homes. I personally would wait on future proof, nothing against him, just want to hear some feedback before spending any money at this point. The one from Hass will work to the best of the hardware capabilities (over time) and be supported for a while, probably 2 years or more (speculation, but there track record is great) so that is probably the one I will end up with in the end.

I agree, I’m going to go with nabu or future proof. This is the 4th item I’ve bought directly from seeeed studios that has an issue, be it the PCB, components or lack of software/firmware support.

It’s really quite frustrating when you buy hardware and it sort of works. One thing I know for certain, seeed won’t see a dime of my money again.