"Real" Air Quality meter with HA Intergration

Hi,

I recently moved and now have my 3d printer in a spare room and since I set up a new HA system anyway I was wondering what air quality monitor to use.

There are some cheaper one from Aqara or Govee and some with GoogleHome/Alexa integrations, but i havent found a better/ over 100$ one with HA compatibility.

How have you guys integrated your Air Quality monitors?

Cheers

IAQ is a bit of a broad target. What is it that you are trying to measure?

I’ve had a love-hate relationship with my Airthings Wave+. At first they worked perfectly, using the Airthings BLE, then there were a handful of updates that broke Airthings and caused me great frustration but now, as of about 10.5, it’s been solid again. The devices, themselves, work fine, but the HA integration has been bad until lately.

So take that how you will, but I would currently still trust Airthings Wave+ as a great device to measure air pressure, radon, CO2 and VOC. The batteries last for a decent amount of time and when it works in HA it works very well. The only downside is that it is BLE so you need to have it close to your HA system or put in a BLE relay with ESPHome or something like that. I have two and so they are stable again and I’m happy.

Right, VOC and PM2.5 particles should do it for now.

Ah intresting, that one i hadnt seen before. Thx

Air-Q.
I did a review here: Air-q device any good

I’m using the Ecowitt WH45 and Gateway. It does NOT provide VOC detection, but depending on the circumstances and use case you may not need it.

Generally, monitoring and lowering CO2 will lower not only PPM2.5+, but also VOC’s.

FWIW: If the goal is solely limited to 3D printing emissions monitoring / evacuation; you may want to look into a direct fresh air system with VOC monitoring. In the absence of a fresh air / evacuation system, it takes a LOT of carbon to reduce 3D Printing emissions.