Real-Time Sports Scores w/ TeamTracker and TeamTracker-Card (Beta)

@Modul8, thanks for the research. I’ll take a look at them but will probably stick w/ ESPN APIs, at least in the near-term.

I was able to capture some in-race API data during the F1 sprint yesterday and just released v0.5.1.
It provides some enhanced F1-specific info during the race. Let me know if you are still having problems. Driver name and * should both work. I think the biggest issue was that the API doesn’t return driver info until during or after the first Free Practice session. I was out until after the FP was over so don’t know when exactly it got populated.

Thanks

Thank you for the update!
Not sure if this is the expected behaviour for a driver?
Also the tag for race start time

Or i probably should ask what do i enter for drivers name. I was just going by what i see on espn.com.au when i look up a driver

Ok. Was just surname required.

But tags for race start time still an issue

If i can stay awake I’ll have a look during the race tonight. Thank you again

Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing. If that doesn’t work, let me know what language you have selected for your front end and I’ll see if I can replicate it.

Yeah that did it thank you. Am using the companion app. Cleared cache and all good

Great. During the race you should get a scroll of the top 10 drivers and the lap count. It will always show the position of your selected driver and the leader. If you used *, it will always show the top two drivers.

The API doesn’t return any timing info during or after the race so nothing I can do there. And since there were no cautions yesterday, am still waiting to see if the API does anything special for cautions or not.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I am really happy to have found this addon. Is it possible to watch the second German Bundesliga. On the ESP page this is listed with “Bund 2”. But it is not possible for me to enter this league via the GUI.

Surely it is ger.2

Read the docs,you get the code here
http://www.espn.com/apis/devcenter/io-docs.html

Is there a way to use the conditional card to only show the card when the state attribute “kickoff_in” is within 1 day or less?

I don’t know how to use state attributes for conditional cards. I don’t know if it can be used, you’ll have to search.

Only for state (or state_not) sensor, in this case PRE, POST, NOT_FOUND…

You can’t use attributes with a conditional card, only for state values.

The workaround is to use a template to create a binary sensor based on the attributes/formula you desire, and then use that binary sensor to determine whether to show the card or not.

1 Like

I updated my screen to this:

type: custom:auto-entities
unique: true
show_empty: false
card:
  type: grid
  square: false
  columns: 4
card_param: cards
filter:
  template: |
    {%- for team in integration_entities("teamtracker") -%}
      {%- if state_attr(team, "team_homeaway") == "home" -%}
        {{{"type": "custom:teamtracker-card",
          "entity": team }}},
      {%- endif -%}
    {%- endfor -%}
  exclude:
    - entity_id: '*team_tracker*'
sort:
  method: attribute
  attribute: date

4 Likes

Trying to set up a card for the World Cup for all matches. I do get a card but something seems to be missing? Anyone who has succeeded? I would like to add all matches and if possible see them today even though it is starting on Sunday. I have added via the integration gui in HA.

wc

I would like to be able to have soccer team Slovakia, to be able to see friendly games + qualifying games
and in UEFA conference league there is also Slovan Bratislava which I would like to have… Is it possible? I am not able to make it work.
Is there going to be also Slovak soccer league and Slovak hockey league?
thanks in advance

You will have to set up a Custom API Configuration. This link provides more details on how to set up one and see if ESPN has an API for the leagues you want.

@planet4 You can’t use an ‘*’ for team sports. You have to input each team you want to follow individually in separate sensors. The API will only return games 4-5 days into the future.

Good news - there is an ESPN API for AFL, and it works! :smiley: The Sport Path is ‘australian-football’ and the League Path is ‘afl’.

It’d be great if the ESPN API had the number of goals and behinds, but I’m thrilled with the great work done for the custom integration and the card. Thanks vasqued2!

This is awesome!!! Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit: can you show me your config please? I’m getting invalid league

Just released v0.5.3 which has native support for the AFL. Just use league AFL. The API does not return info for goals and behinds in the post-game info. Once the season starts, I’ll try to catch a game in progress and see what’s available. Feel free to capture the JSON yourself and post it here or log an issue on the repo and I’ll take a look at it.

Thanks for finding the API!

Thank you both!