Really really new to home Assistant

Hello all I need some help with some stuff I’m using home assistant as a bridge to my Apple home kit. I’m trying to make a automation to make my harmony hub turn on a activity but I can get any of the triggers to work. Basically at the moment I’ve got it set up on my homekit that I can turn the activity’s on with scripts but on the homekit app they come on and off again. Which does what I need but I want it to stay on and the only thing that does is automations. So basically can I use a automation to make a script activate I know this is really hard to understand so thank you in Advance

Bump please

Welcome Richard. I don’t quite understand the question. Do you have the Harmony integration set up in home assistant? If that’s where you’re stuck, try going to configuration on the left side then select Integrations on the right and the plus and search for logitech.

What I mean is the harmony hub is set up already and I have put it in to home kit but because there scripts they don’t stay on when you press then in home app (Homekit) because there scripts in home Assistant

Basically can I activate harmony activity’s with automations like a virtual switch or something

OK I think I understand what you are trying to do: You want to toggle a button in the home assistant app in order to make Harmony perform an activity, correct?

What have you tried doing so far to get it to work? Do you have a working automation and you’re just trying to make the frontend have a switch to toggle? What does your automation look like so far?

I do not have a Harmony Hub but would be glad to help troubleshoot as best I can but need more information.

I wonder if what you’re trying to do is similar to this:

Sorry for the late reply I’ve now stoped using the harmony hub at the moment. Now I have a Roku and I’m using scripts to make them trigger eg YouTube plex and other apps. I still want to try to make some virtual switches I’m very new to the configuration.yaml file so if you can give me a script to copy it might work.

As you can see I’m very new but was able to use the yaml file to sync my LG tv