Realtime camera streaming without any delay - WebRTC

wyze bridge not using go2rtc. They using another software on another ports.

Go2rtc support this project as input. Examples should be in the docs.

Oops I got things mixed up - theyā€™re using MediaMX / rtsp-simple-server on 8554. Either way they have WebRTC output now, so no need for go2rtc on this side of things for me, assuming thereā€™s a card that can display it

I think this is a little more complicated than it appeared on the surfaceā€¦ I didnā€™t realize that WebRTC doesnā€™t come as a standardized streaming format that could simply be picked up by any player.

This helped me understand a bit more:

Unless your Lovelace card happens to work the same way as they designed their player to work (using WHEP) then I was on the wrong track.

For now I think I can probably get away using iframes pointed to the MediaMTX URLs with the streams.

Hi guys.
I use webrtc card since months ago, but I really never put my head into it. Installed, placed cards, works, nice, forgot it.
Premise:
Ha installation is on a debian machine, supervised in docker: it contains ha, addons, but also other containers I preferred to install standalone like portainer, pihole, frigate.
Now I jumped into frigate (I used shinobi nvr but too many issues in the last period, this is another story) that has its go2rtc builtin.
Soā€¦ Frigate use its go2rtc to connect to the cameras via rtsp (mixed reolink, imou, yihacked yi, crappy China, via rtsp) and webrtc card do the same (with its go2rtc? See next) , then many connection to the cameras that suffers a bit.

Back to webrtc card
Checking my webrtc configuration, or better to say, go2rtc (builtin in web2rtc) config, I see no url configured (and checking cards, effectively, I used directly rtsp urls). Accessing to builtin go2rtc webui, I see - obviously- no stream in streams, some reference clicking ā€œAddā€ and checking section Home assistant.

As you can see, Iā€™m a little bit confused right now :sweat_smile:.

The target
Reduce the amount of connections to the cameras.
Probably I can reach the target configuring webrtc builtin go2rtc to use rtsp streams than use these in cardsā€¦ and the use the same go2rtc instance from frigate (without configure the frigate builtin go2rtc) but: how can I reach the webrtc builtin go2rtc instance? http://Ha_ip:8554/camera_name_configured ?

Orā€¦ Turning the question: how can I configure webrtc card to reach frigate builtin go2rtc ? Instead rtsp url, simply use http://server_ip:port/go2rtc_camera_name ?
(in my case server_ip is the same of ha and port is externally configured as 7554 on frigate side because 8554 is reserved to webrtc builtin go2rtc).

Too much confusion? :joy:

Reuse go2rtc connection

In frigate you configure go2rtc connections to cameras. This coonnection should/may be reused for frigate record stream as well as external streams. That is benefit of go2rtc, one connection 2 camera restreamed in any format needed with reduced connection to cameras

Not sure of your setup But port 1984 for frigate is go2rtc frontend. I links to go2rtc streams there

Sure.
This is what I already do inside frigate, go2rtc configured streams, reused in frigte cameras.
What I ask is another step.

In Home assistant I installed WebRtc card (that have its own go2rtc) and configured with rtsp urlā€¦ so with its go2rtc or not, I made a connection inside HA and one inside frigate: I want to know if I can avoid this, pointing from webrtc card to frigate go2rtc instance (supported by webrtc?).
Or, viceversa, I can configure go2rtc builtin webrtc and then poit to it from frigate (instead using go2rtc builtin frigate): in this case what url I have to use withing frigate?

Sorry typo

If you look at go2rtc frontend it shows all the weblinks to go2rtc streams. Click on ā€œlinksā€ next to camera.

some minute ago I made a test.
WebRTC card with url set at rtsp://myserver_ip:7554/frigate_go2rtc_cam

7554 port because 8554 itā€™s already used by go2rtc builtin webrtc.

it seems to workā€¦ webrtc card show the stream :tada: and thereā€™s no noticeable delay between direct rtsp and go2rtc via webrtc. onyl a difference of frame rate (lower on go2rtc).

tomorrow Iā€™ll try to reconfigure all my cards (and having the time, create a single frigate cardā€¦ but this is offtopic)

In this way with a single rtsp connection I can feed frigate and webRTC card.