Recommendation for a cheap smart plug

I hear rumors that some folks here are working on that local control thing for tuya/smart-life stuff. I do not know the status of it at this time.

What component is required to get these LITSPED devices to work?

Just the tuya: parameters in your configuration.yaml file. See a few comments above.

I picked up the Costco plugs. Made a mistake initially by updating the firmware. Now they can’t be flashed with Tasmota. So I returned them and bought another couple. Flashed Tasmota OTA and set up an MQTT add-on in Home Assistant. They work great.

My only issue is that the little LED light on the plug doesn’t light up anymore but I can live with that.

I’m going to try to take one apart to see if i can isolate the power to the plug and use it as a dry contact and then I’ll hook it up as a garage door opener.

You can def fix that… There was a firmware a week or so ago that did that so maybe try later Tasmota… and you might need to change the module or use a template in Tasmota but you can fix that for sure.

1 Like

Thanks. I found a YouTube video that explains how to set it up on a trial and error basis.

Better documentation here: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/CE-Smart-Home---LA-WF3-Wifi-Plug-(TYWE2S)

That is the device ID