Recommended cheap WIFI thermostat

Hi there,

I have two radiators in my basement which I’d like to control via HA. However, as those are only switched on every now and then I don’t need high-sophisticated thermostats but only very cheap and simple devices.
I have three requirements:

• they should to be cheap
  • they should work with WIFI (I don’t want to use a separate stick like Zigbee)
  • they should be safe ( just work locally with HA, not over a customer cloud or whatever )

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!
BR
Michael

Esp8266 diy is an option

I use Honeywell T6 Pro and i like them. Zwave, i presume the wiifi version is similar. I swapped my Trane zwave thermostat for these and like them much better. I actually have 2 wifi versions sitting in a closet i can test maybe.

Thermostat is basically a light switch connected to a thermometer. You just need a wifi switch and a temperature detection method. This is the reason for ESP8266 recommendation

Ok, sorry, maybe my post was confusing… I didn’t mean just a thermostat but a Thermostatic Radiator Valve (TRV).

I believe there is only one option if you want wifi and that is Shelly.

2 Likes

I have no solution but just a personal (and quite widespread heard) advice… try to avoid Tuya. Not saying this is bad per definition but lots of issues and foremost… dependency on their iot platform

1 Like

Ok, I will give it a try :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply.
Take a look here: