Reduce humidity in basement - automation does not work

Hi @DrBando,

as this topic has already a solution, you might want to start a new discussion to get more attention.

To your question: I don’t understand your code either :slight_smile: , so let me ask some questions and we might get there.

• Your dew point delta of “5” seems to be high. In our area/house the difference between insight and outside dew point is almost always not that big. You might want to reduce the delta-trigger?
  • You added some code in the service action. I am not a pro, but I have never seen something like this. Your code seems to be a condition. So, why don’t you add your conditions under condition? In my understanding, the action is only used to trigger something - no calculations there.
  • The dew point plot is your delta or the actual dew point (inside or outside)? (based on your code, you are German speaking. Where do you life so that you have a negative dew point in September? Perhaps something wrong with the sensor? :slight_smile: )

Chris

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
You’re right in most points, a dew point delta of 5 is rather high, but I wanted to be on the safe side. I have lowered the threshold to 3°. The automation code I’ve took from another thread, but I’ve rewritten it now to 2 separate automations starting and stopping the fans. I couldn’t test it, because this morning the dew point delta was not large enough. And: you’re right, I’m located in northern Germany, a negative dew point would be odd in this time of year, but what you can see in the plot is still the delta between inner and outer dew point. A positve delta means that absolute humidity would be higher indoors than outdoors. Sensors are working fine and are quite reliable (Govee HT5075 via Bluetooth).

Cheers, Ben