Release 0.113 and RFXtrx

Thanks, you just solved my (1-way, cheap) doorbell (as post sensor) issue! I used the button_pressed event as well, but I just needed to check the state switch. Thanks a lot!

You could have renamed the 23 devices instead. But sure it’s still many.

Thanks I did. Even so I still had to also rename the entities

Hello,

I hope it´s ok for me to continue this conversation (I´m new to the forum)

After the update to 0.113, I have now managed to convert to the new way to add RFXTRX devices…

Now I need to add a keychain remote, I have set the automatic_add to true and the remote gets added to my integration. The problem is that I only get the switch as “switch.ac_1e00fa2_3” and not the entire id of the remote (Something like “0913000022670e013b70”)

Have someone managed to add a new remote to your installation?

I’m back on 0.112, all my RFXCOM devices are otherwise down. I’ll follow this thread to see if it’s valuable to put in the extra hours of effort of renaming.

First I would need the component to auto-discover my devices, right? As I don’t have another way to fire them then HA I’m wondering how I’m going to find the ID’s (I don’t have another remote or button to activate certain switches).

How can I delete old devices. I removed a lot of entries in my configuration.yaml.
But they still show up under the integration tab.

recover via snapshot

Hi I have updated to 0.114 but i tried to setup RFXCOM again. I see the integration
but how do i setup the new configuration in the configuration.yaml?

I get the following error when rebooting:

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• rfxtrx
    Please check your config.

This is my configuration:

rfxtrx:
device: ‘/dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433_A11SUD5R-if00-port0’
#also tried device: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433_A11SUD5R-if00-port0
automatic_add: false
devices:
# Rolluik keuken
071a000002123123:

does some one have any advice?

I’ve done the same and go back to 0.112, this is crazy.
My home automation has become too big after 2 years to correct this. As long as there is no solution for this, then no more updates. Everything works and I only see disadvantages with this update.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is an easy way to remove devices, probably the entities can be deleted but not the device. You could dive into the device registry and manually delete it but it’s a bit cumbersome.
Once the options can be set through UI for this integration there will be a way to delete devices.

Do you have your full log file?

This is somewhat difficult to explain, part of the hex code of your entities is from the full hex code in your configuration.yaml.

You could hold off a bit, there is work in progress to add devices through the UI (without restarting HA). That way you could add them one by one and rename them.

Moved to 114 from 112 and have successfully moved all my entities to the new RFXtrx integration with one exception.

An electricity sensor - the CT clamp from an Owl CM160

It shows up but does not get updated as it was pre-114.

Anyone any experience with this? Nothing obvious in log files.

Screenshot and config below:

#RfxTrx
rfxtrx:
  device: /dev/ttyUSB0
  automatic_add: false
  devices:
    #Sockets / Plugs 
    09130002550551014050:
      #name: Xmas Plug
      fire_event: True
      signal_repetitions: 2

#Contact Sensors
    09130000043eee013b60:
      #name: front_gate_contact
      device_class: opening
      data_bits: 4
      command_on: 0xe
      command_off: 0x7
    09130003043eeb013b60:
      #name: front_gate_tamper
      device_class: problem
      off_delay:
        seconds: 5

#Lights
    0a14000031340001100070:
      #name: Dining

115a010175c2090000092e0000000b352079:
      #name: Electricity

Your config helped me out, thank you mate!!!

@IwanAnand No problem.

Do you have the same and is it working for you - do anything specific other than add the device id?
Help me give I helped you :wink:

I had issues with setting up RFXtrx and with the entities (covers (blinds) only).

Of you enable debug logging for the rfxtrx integration, do you see something that is formatted like below and hints to an update for your energy sensor?

_LOGGER.debug(
            "Sensor update (Device ID: %s Class: %s Sub: %s)",
            event.device.id_string,
            event.device.__class__.__name__,
            event.device.subtype,
        )

Also check with debug logging enabled whether the id string with which the device reports changed (only the first 14 digits, the rest is data and probably changed but this doesn’t matter)

Well that was fun! I used to have this:

switch rfxtrx:
  platform: rfxtrx
  automatic_add: False
  devices:
    0a140000e85af601010070:
      name: DoorBell

And changed it to be:

rfxtrx:
  device: /dev/ttyUSB1
  automatic_add: False
  devices:
    # Doorbell
    0a140000e85af601010070:

What device_class do i need to add as there doesn’t seem to be just a “swtich” anymore and it now shows up a lightwaveRF light switch, which it isnt, its just a RF doorbell?

It seems like some people in this thread managed to rename their devices so that the entities got their old names. Is this possible, or did I just misunderstand? If I rename a device, only its “friendly name” is changed. The entities ID:s are still named something like sensor.viking_02811_eb_00_temperature, while my old name was sensor.garage_temperature.

Is the only way around this to manually modify each entity, or is there some trick to give the devices and sensors a new “real” ID?