Reload UI Message Frequently

The same here.
The problem happens every time I use the app, no matter if I’m accessing internal or external.
If I use chrome (android) this doesn’t happen.

This is happening to me post adding motion sensor data to my dashboard. These are esp32 based mmwave presence sensors which probably are generating too many data points or logs for the UI to get refreshed and handle the load.

Same problem here. It started when I updated to HA 2026.6.0. I’m sure it’s not the app as the app got updated 2 days later. I changed nothing in my network config. It must be the HA Core then. This is extremly frustrating!
And the same workaround works for me - close the app and relaunch.
This happens after at least 5 minutes of having the app running in background. After 5 minutes the app kills the background connection and when you open the app again - it tries to reconnect and we all see this ‘Reload UI’ button.

I will post an issue in Guthub and will give the link here, so you could add your comments and bring the devs’ attention.

All, there seems to be a potential solution to this issue assuming the root cause was identified correctly.
This is described in 2023.6 Home Assistant UI reload Icon appearing · Issue #16854 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub. There are several duplicates of this issue in Github, but this one seems the most relevant and some fixes were applied to HA Core beta channel to address this.

If you guys are comfortable with switching to the beta channel and installing the latest beta 2023.7 then let’s get this tested this way. If you do install the beta - please post your comments in this Github issue with your results.

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

I came here to say “me too” on the constant “Reload UI” loop.

Steps to repeat:

1. Open the Home Assitant app
  2. Use as normal
  3. Close lock phone
  4. Wait a few minutes
  5. Unlock phone
  6. Open the Home Assistant app
  7. It works for about 1 second (literally) then goes into the “Reload UI” error loop
  8. Force-quit app
  9. Open the Home Assistant app
  10. Use as normal

Actions attempted to remediate (unsuccessful):

1. HomeAssistant is at current version
  2. HomeAssistant app is at current version
  3. Phone OS is at current version (Android)
  4. Reboot phone
  5. Reboot HomeAssistant
  6. Try not to cry
  7. Cry a lot

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next update. But until then, you guys are not alone; I’m here to join the thread in case someone comes up with a solution sooner than later.

Thanks and have a great day!

I did like that. But yes, it looks like it’s been resolved in the beta as mentioned just above (2023.6 Home Assistant UI reload Icon appearing (fixed in 2023.7.0b1) · Issue #16854 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub), so you can always try the beta if you can’t reduce the number of events happening on your network or wait for the beta to go mainstream.

1 Like

Updated to the newest version yesterday, all fine now!
and lets hope updating to 2023.7.1 doesn’t break it again :slight_smile:

I updated to 2023.7.1 (from 2023.7.0) this morning and checked the thing on my setup that would always trigger the issue. 2023.7.0 fixed it, and 2023.7.1 continues to work.

I also confirm that 2023.7.0 & 2023.7.1 have resolved the issue.

Same here. The new update made it all good in da hood. Thanks for being awesome!!