Remote Access

I am not sure why this is so hard. I have my own domain hosted on CloudFlare (mydomain.link). I simply want to be able to use that domain to access my Home Assistant Core (supervised) installation via port 443 with a SSL certificate that renews when it is supposed to. How do I do that? I have tried using Lets Encrypt with NGINX and could not figure out how to get it to work. I have tried letsdnsocloud and could not figure out how to get it to work either. And I am not 100% certain I have CloudFlare configured properly. Please, someone help!!

I guess I should mention a couple of other things. I had this working for a while with my domain hosted on Amazon Route 53. Then the SSL certificate expired and I could not get it to renew. SO I ultimately found letsdnsocloud and moved my domain to CloudFlare. Also I have my Pi joined to my Windows 2012R2 AD. Although I am sure that is not an issue, because it was joined when I had it working previously without any issues.

Thanks,
Mike

This any use?

(not my guide, just remembered seeing it recently)

Marc,

Thanks. I had also saw this and had tried to follow it. I kept getting a 522 connection error. I may go back and try it again if no one else comes thought with another idea. I think one of my issues is that I have a supervised install and a lot of things I find don’t seem to work on that type of install.

Thanks,
Mike

Remote access should be the same for all install types tbh.

I don’t use cloudfare so I can’t really talk you through it, but maybe if you drop a post in that thread with where you’re getting stuck (and what it looks like when you do) the author will be able to help you pass that hurdle :slightly_smiling_face:

Same thing here, I’ve tried with and without the Nginx proxy, forwarding different ports, 443, 2083. Nothing resolves the frequent timeout errors, 522 after 15s. Did you manage to fix it?