Remote RPI system monitor

Worth a shot.

That did it!!!

Now that it’s up and running, I just want to say Thanks!! What an awesome implementation! Every sensor I could think of wanting is there. :smile:

1 Like

I will try to find a solution so you can have a space in the name. Could you make a issue on GitHub then I remember what still needs to be done!

Hi,

So something unexpected. I turned off the RPi to move it and I noticed all of the sensors changed state to unavailable. Is there any way to have the values retain until the next successful update? One of the sensors is last update time so it’d be nice to send an alert of the RPi has been down for over 15 minutes.

There isn’t a standard way to do it. You have 2 options you could manually set to available by posting available payload to the availability topic. You need to do this everytime when it goes unavailable. Or you could change the script to not send unavailable when it disconnects.

How is that unexpected?

The sensors have become unavailable because they are unavailable due to you switching off the pi.

Trigger your alert on the state of this sensor being unavailable for 15 minutes.

Hi guys, i’m trying to install this on Home Assistant (former hassio) and the problem is that when i ran

pip3 install -r requirements.txt

it can’t install psutil, but all the other dependecies are good. there’s the error:

i looked over the internet and someone said to tun apt-get to install python dev, but i can’t because i’m on hassio, any suggestion? Thanks

This is for monitoring remote RPI devices, not for your HA RPI device.

oh my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to monitor your HA system you can use System Monitor - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

For educational purposes, could you be so kind as to share examples of both? Posting available payload to the availability topic and changing the script so that it doesn’t sent unavailable topic on disconnect?

Thank you in advance!

You could remove system_sensors/system_sensors.py at master · Sennevds/system_sensors (github.com) and system_sensors/system_sensors.py at master · Sennevds/system_sensors (github.com)

1 Like

Hi. Firstly, thank you fo all the hard work!
But I’m confused about the install

I’m running MotioneyeOS on a Pi Zero. Just installed the OS onto the Pi. I take it I can not install your code and monitor integration? If I can, could you explain the steps.

The installation notes are in the repo:
Sennevds/system_sensors: Logging of system sensor specific for the RPI and sending them to a MQTT broker (github.com)

1 Like

Ah okay. Do I literally type those lines into the ssh windows terminal, line for line?

Indeed but be sure you have at least python 3.6 otherwise it wont work.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. I’m running motioneyeOS and thats it, so judging from a previous comment, it may not work. Will have a go and report back

If you can/have docker engine running on your MotionEyeOS, than you could try this PR https://github.com/Sennevds/system_sensors/pull/78

1 Like

sensor.ms1_updates

How does the updates sensor works? It seems the count will always be zero if I do not manually run `sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade’ before hand.