Remove Dead Node on Z-Wave JS?

I blew one of my Z-wave switches trying to rewire something and I can’t use the exclusion process to remove it. Is there any way to delete a dead node?

3 Likes

Hi there have the same issue, have 6 dead nodes which are physically dead, so ergo no way to exclude them. I disabled the devices in HA but in the z-wave device list they are still showing. Is there a way to ged rid of this data trash?

I hope a future update for Z-Wave JS allows us to remove them from the UI.

1 Like

Removing failed nodes is on the roadmap. The integration already supports it, it’s just a matter of adding it to the frontend.

2 Likes

I’ve got like 20 I want to remove. Is there a way to make an API call or DB query somewhere to do it?

As it turns out this is possible :slight_smile: I installed the Z-Wave JS to MQTT Supervisor addon and have it running in control panel only mode. This is done by toggling “Disable MQTT Gateway” in the settings for the add-on itself. Once that was set I was able to select a Dead device in the Z-Wave JS to MQTT Control Panel, click advanced and then under “Failed Nodes” click Remove.

5 Likes

thx for this input, gonna try it next week!

Thank’s Andy! As soon as I get a chance I am going to give this a try.

Running into same issue as well. I have 7 dead nodes. I was able to follow your steps but no luck. Do I need to add the devices or setup the app? I notice in top…my driver’s are not configured

Driver: Error: No such file or directory, cannot open dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200_if00

Sorry I’m not really that well versed in HA in general to know what might be going on with the driver not loading.

Worked for me. Thanks!

I cannot tell you how long this has annoyed me. Thank you for posting this. And thank you to the zwave-js gods who made it possible!

Thank you so much for this. I didn’t even need to toggle the mqtt gateway.